Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We lost cause Wall missed those Free Throws bottom line, our free throw shooting was terrible all game can't blame the coach on that, even Beal missed 2 free throws late in the game.

Gay was taking Ariza to school the whole 4th quarter.

Beal was taking too many shots, Wall disappeared late in the game he got out played by Thomas who is a great player but Wall can't lose that match up hes got Thomas by over 6 inches lord only knows the wingspan advantage between the two. The coaching sucked Gortat was balling all game he did the best he could but Cousins was just a moster.

Gooden and Gortat kept us in the game, Wall, Ariza and Beal played bad games.

Mad that I stayed up to watch that awful game. Gonna be tired tomorrow with nothing to show for it but an awful loss. Worst of all, it was just putrid basketball. You know how watching stupid TV shows and movies makes you dumber? That game made me basketball dumber.

I watched them miss their first 6 EASY and/or ill-advised shots and went to bed. 

Edited by Chachie

I woke up this morning, saw the score and was immediately depressed. lol

Then I read the thread from my last post until the end. I felt so bad when I saw people happy about potentially getting a win, and then the posts just got sadder and sadder. :(

We sucked last night, even when we were winning, we still sucked. So I am not surprised I went to sleep with us leading and woke up to an L....

I watched them miss their first 6 EASY and/or ill-advised shots and went to bed.

It went on for a while after that. We were sitting on 8 or 9 points forever. You knew what kind of game it was going to be after that.

We played horribly. Gortat and Gooden were good (though Gortat had a putrid start), and Webster did his thing. Wall started warming up and was playing well right before he got into foul trouble. Then he basically disappeared from the game for good. And Beal and Ariza were gave very negative performances.

Gooden got gassed late and that's when they started beating us on the glass. Randy made some costly mistakes and you saw the cumulative effect of poor coaching bite us at the end when we couldn't run any decent possessions. The decision to leave Wall on the bench so long after he got his fourth foul was bad. Leaving Gooden in so long was bad. Should have played Webster more minutes and Ariza less minutes too because Ariza was struggling so much for most of the night. And then failing to get Gortat more touches at the end of the game was bad too. Cousins played with 5 fouls for ages.

I woke up this morning, saw the score and was immediately depressed. lol

Then I read the thread from my last post until the end. I felt so bad when I saw people happy about potentially getting a win, and then the posts just got sadder and sadder. :(

We sucked last night, even when we were winning, we still sucked. So I am not surprised I went to sleep with us leading and woke up to an L....

I'm not as mad about it today as I was last night. We played one of our worst games of the year. We didn't deserve to win. The only reason we had such a good chance to steal it is because Sacramento was almost as terrible. Against a real team we'd have been blown out.

Even still, I think we would have won if Nene had played.

I hope one day we get to a point where one of our players can have a bad game--or heaven forbid, a bad stretch of games--without a bunch of fans on RealGM calling for him to get benched or traded.

Passion is unstable and equal parts kind and cruel. Unless the team wins a championship fans will always be gnashing their teeth at every sign of weakness.

Who did they want to trade? I'm guessing Beal. I've had that thought myself but not because he had a bad game.

I hope one day we get to a point where one of our players can have a bad game--or heaven forbid, a bad stretch of games--without a bunch of fans on RealGM calling for him to get benched or traded.

Please tell me people aren't calling for Wall to get benched?

Edited by MLSKINS

Passion is unstable and equal parts kind and cruel. Unless the team wins a championship fans will always be gnashing their teeth at every sign of weakness.

Who did they want to trade? I'm guessing Beal. I've had that thought myself but not because he had a bad game.

Beal last night. Nene and Porter a little before that, as part of a package for Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler. Gortat should be allowed to walk and replaced with Emeka Okafor and Jordan Hill.

And yet people will defend geezers like Andre Miller and Al Harrington with a passion when they play like ass, laughing off Harrington's cringe inducing shooting when they'll immediately blast Beal for missing jumpers a little strong after curling off a screen--difficult shots.

Please tell me people aren't calling for Wall to get benched?

No I think Wall has finally earned pretty wide spread respect. So, two more bad games before they call for him to get benched.

But if RealGM had its way last year, Wall would have been traded for Kyle Lowry, or really any old package of journeymen players that came along.

This year it's mostly Beal, Nene, and Porter getting cast aside.

• Like 1

Are there things that Beal needs to work on? Absolutely. However, people need to remember that he's ONLY 20. Sad to say, but there are too many fickle people in this fanbase who are more than ready to give him the same treatment Wall got before this season SMH. I guess it goes w. the territory.

• Like 1

Beal last night. Nene and Porter a little before that, as part of a package for Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler. Gortat should be allowed to walk and replaced with Emeka Okafor and Jordan Hill.

And yet people will defend geezers like Andre Miller and Al Harrington with a passion when they play like ass, laughing off Harrington's cringe inducing shooting when they'll immediately blast Beal for missing jumpers a little strong after curling off a screen--difficult shots.

No I think Wall has finally earned pretty wide spread respect. So, two more bad games before they call for him to get benched.

But if RealGM had its way last year, Wall would have been traded for Kyle Lowry, or really any old package of journeymen players that came along.

This year it's mostly Beal, Nene, and Porter getting cast aside.

I stay away from RealGM... you should to :)

Are there things that Beal needs to work on? Absolutely. However, people need to remember that he's ONLY 20. Sad to say, but there are too many fickle people in this fanbase who are more than ready to give him the same treatment Wall got before this season SMH. I guess it goes w. the territory.

Yeah, and I think there is going to be even less patience with Beal because the team is expected to win now. John is ready to win now and fans are searching for a second star that's already fully developed.

Beal is also mature, and had fairly mature skills like his shot when we drafted him. It tricks fans into expecting more than they should. I thought Beal was ready to break out this season after he tore it up in the preseason. But 20 years old is a baby in the NBA. You have no idea what you're getting from a 20 year old day in and day out.

Which is probably the single biggest reason why Wittman isn't playing Porter.

Good things come to those who wait though. It helps me to remember that we're just in year 2 of the Wall/Beal era. If it goes according to plan, we've got 10+ of them playing together. That's something to look forward to. When we're in year five, year six of the era, we'll be glad we've got them both.

I stay away from RealGM... you should to :)

I get sucked back in every time. I disagree with so many different posters over there, but there are also a lot of really good regulars posting there too.

I was so disappointed when I woke up and saw that score against Sactown.  This is what pisses me off about this team year after year.  Just when you think they have it figured out, they lose to a sub .350 team.  It's losses against Milwaukee, Sacramento, Philly and such that keep them from having a good season.  I said 39 wins at the beginning.  They have 36, but they are making it harder on themselves. Glad we signed Gooden through the rest of the season.

Edited by pjfootballer