Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

**** my life

---------- Post added September-28th-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

Curse O' Les Boulez

Instant downer. :(

Do the surgery. I'd rather see him out for 12-15 weeks than deal with a nagging situation all season long.

Edited by Chachie

Busts don't average 16 & 8.

You can argue whether he's lived up to expectations, but in no fashion is he a bust.

That's true. Def not up to expectations.

Develop a jumper and stop turning the ball over. And try not to be so one-dimensional aka drive as hard to the rack as possible and throw up an off balance layup.

That's true. Def not up to expectations.

Develop a jumper and stop turning the ball over. And try not to be so one-dimensional aka drive as hard to the rack as possible and throw up an off balance layup.

I hear where you are coming from, but if he can find a way to become a Rondo type player, I am not even going to trip. But he does need a consistent J.

I hear where you are coming from, but if he can find a way to become a Rondo type player, I am not even going to trip. But he does need a consistent J.

He needs teammates who can finish. I don't remember the exact numbers/details but I believe that last year some blogger started keeping track of Walls potential assists, where he put teammates in positions to score, and if they did at just a reasonable percentage, he would easily lead the league in assists.

So yeah, I'm still a Wall believer.

He needs teammates who can finish. I don't remember the exact numbers/details but I believe that last year some blogger started keeping track of Walls potential assists, where he put teammates in positions to score, and if they did at just a reasonable percentage, he would easily lead the league in assists.

I heard Wall worked with a shooting coach. I'm eager to see if his game has improved, year three offers no excuses and can be a make or break season. He'll need some shooting range to work with Nene and Okafor both on the floor. If he develops a pull up like Westbrook or even a decent three point shot defenses wouldn't be able to back peddle and he'd be a force.

Edited by Destino

See, this is how I know when it comes to college sports, I am completely out of the loop. I never heard of either one of these dude. :ols:

They were the top 2 HS recruits. True freshmen. Noel is like a lesser version of Anthony Davis with an AMAZING high top fade (His hair probably makes him 7'4). Shabazz has been getting Kobe comparisons for a while. He's a gifted, polished scorer with terrific size for a wing. He looks like Kobe. Both of these guys would assuredly help the Wizards. I'm just hoping we don't get to pick them unless it's on one of those 1.7% chance to win situations.

The real prize is going to be Jabari Parker in two years. When he comes out, he could be a higher ranked prospect than Anthony Davis. There's been some "best prospect since LeBron" talk with him.

---------- Post added September-29th-2012 at 09:34 AM ----------

Me too. We know Wall can pass, it's only a matter of time before he leads the league in assists IMO.

My biggest issue with Wall is his discipline on both ends. Wall is an improviser, and he's spontaneously brilliant. You see it on his drives and in the transition game where nobody is getting set up. He's already an amazing transition defender and a dangerous scorer. He gets to the line a ton and does a pretty good job finishing through contact.

What we need to see from him is improvement playing within a system in the half court. I want to see him become a true defensive stopper, he's got that potential, but he's been slow on defense and somewhat lazy letting guys go by him. I do think he'll improve here as the team gets better, especially on offense, where he won't have to blow all of his energy on that end. He's not a self starter on defense though.

I think the shooting will come eventually, especially when it becomes a secondary and tertiary weapon without much pressure on him to knock those down. He'll be a force on offense if someone else starts knocking down their shots. His threat to drive and dish (and you have to defend the drive) will be potent, and the most important part of our offense if we can actually knock down those dishes. I think it'll happen eventually. Nene can hit a mid ranged shot. Beal can shoot. Vesely might not be horrible any more. We won't need Wall to become a great shooter so long as our SG & SF & PF aren't shooting like 42% or worse any more. Lots of great guards leading good teams aren't particularly great shooters.

Andrew Wiggins>>> Jabari Parker.

Andrew Wiggins is going to be the reason why Canada vs. USA basketball games will be closer in the future.

He is the best high schooler in America, imo.

---------- Post added September-29th-2012 at 11:48 AM ----------

he already has NBA athleticism but his shooting is what stands out.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

so Wall's own docs discovered the injury while the Wizards medical team didnt?

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/9/28/3424418/john-wall-injury-washington-wizards

This is why this team will never win.

It wouldn't surprise me if he comes back and re-aggravates the injury because they didn't do surgery.

I don't think there is a more frustrating team in any sport than this one.