Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No player in NBA history has ever won anything on his own, I know your feelings on Kobe, but that's not a fair critique.

Kobe is a selfish douchebag that has to be convinced not to simply jack up terrible shots. Anyone that has ever played basketball has encountered that type of guy. If he leant think a guy is good enough he won't pass it to him. Then everyone gets to watch the dbag jack up shots against triple teams.

He's insanely good but he's a dbag.

Beal better start right away. Crawford is a 6th man at best.

Vesely and Singleton continue to disappoint.

Injuries suck. A starting 5 of Wall, Beal, Webster, Okafor/Booker, Nene is probably a playoff team. As it stands now, I think this team will be lucky to stay out of the lottery.

Beal better start right away. Crawford is a 6th man at best.

Vesely and Singleton continue to disappoint.

Injuries suck. A starting 5 of Wall, Beal, Webster, Okafor/Booker, Nene is probably a playoff team. As it stands now, I think this team will be lucky to stay out of the lottery.

I don't think Beal is ready to start but Crawford isn't a great fit in the current situation either. Crawford is ideally the third guard in a rotation playing the combo role. As a pure gunner, particularly with Wittman green lighting the guards like he did last season, he's terribly inefficient off the bench or as the starter.

The other issue is the offense. With Nene, Okafor, and Seraphin being interior players that have all proven to be fairly efficient scoring the basketball, what is Wittman going to do? Last year he didn't seem to favor getting the ball inside in the half court offense and trying to go from there, it was basically guard/SF dominated. I don't think last years plan helps Beal who has suspect handles and an unreliable shot off the dribble.

Crawford can go away and never come back. I think the Wiz have done a decent job getting the bozo's off this team, just one more to go.

What makes him a "bozo" in your opinion? I haven't seen a reason to lump with in with Blatche, Arenas, Young, or McGee.

I keep telling myself, "Self, the Wiz will be just fine when Nene and Okafor are both in the lineup" but I'm starting to not believe myself a little.

Who is going to play pojnt for the first month of the season? A.J. Price, Jannero Pargo or Shelvin Mack? (I'm guessing Price.)

It looks like Beal had a good game and we did go on a 22-0 run last night.

Edited by Rocky21

No player in NBA history has ever won anything on his own, I know your feelings on Kobe, but that's not a fair critique.

Dirk Nowitzki won a championship with a whole lot of nothing around him. No need to restrict the qualification to championships either. Just say 50 wins. Dirk's managed that for over a decade without playing with anyone else of note.

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 11:09 AM ----------

Kobe is a selfish douchebag that has to be convinced not to simply jack up terrible shots. Anyone that has ever played basketball has encountered that type of guy. If he leant think a guy is good enough he won't pass it to him. Then everyone gets to watch the dbag jack up shots against triple teams.

He's insanely good but he's a dbag.

The thing Kobe will never understand is how to put the team before himself. He has never truly understood that as a Laker.

Kobe would rather take the contested shot than pass to an open teammate. Plain and simple. Even when Kobe has had All Stars to play with, he never really trusted them. And when he didn't and his surrounding cast was weak, he ****ed and moaned and tried to get himself traded to a better situation (when ironically, he's the main guy who killed the golden goose by making management choose between him and Shaq). And as we saw last season, when a situation starts to go South, Kobe's immediate response is, "**** it, I'm gonna get mine."

Kobe's career can pretty much be summed up thusly:

14/28 for 42 one night,

7/22 for 14 and 8/21 for 24 the next two.

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

We should have gone after a decentvet PG earlier when somebody decent was still available. We couldn't predict Wall's injury, but it should have already been clear Mack wasn't a qualified backup by then. He's not a prototypical floor general PG, but I wish we'd gotten Patty Mills from the Spurs instead of these other guys.

I hope this isn't a mistake that sinks our season. As is, I fully expect us to come out slow and look like crap again to start the year, only picking up steam later after we're all but out of it.

Am I wrong in thinking Cartier and Seraphin could end up being very good players for the Wiz? I was really impressed with Seraphin. He had nice moves around the basket and had a very accurate shot. Cartier gave the team someone who could drain a long jumper, the desperately needed that. I don't hear their names mentioned much.

How about Kobe flat out giving up on his team in the playoffs vs. the Suns a few years back? Something, IMO, that is glossed over and should be more of a black mark on his resume. While he's an insanely good player, I'm shocked no one has put hands on him up to this point.

#NeverForget

tumblr_m9rzeuI8gl1qhl431o1_500.gif

Am I wrong in thinking Cartier and Seraphin could end up being very good players for the Wiz? I was really impressed with Seraphin. He had nice moves around the basket and had a very accurate shot. Cartier gave the team someone who could drain a long jumper, the desperately needed that. I don't hear their names mentioned much.

Cartier will be overseas in two years. If he's lucky. Seraphin though, yes. I'm really excited to see just what exactly his upside is.

---------- Post added October-13th-2012 at 11:47 AM ----------

Crawford hasn't seen a shot he isn't willing to jack up and plays out of control.
Idk about a bozo...but he sucks.really.really.bad

I don't think people understand that Crawford does what he's told to do. We didn't, still don't? have scorers on this team. Especially after Youngs ass got bounced. So they told Crawford to just fill it up. **** it. Thought it was pretty obvious.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I don't think people understand that Crawford does what he's told to do. We didn't, still don't? have scorers on this team. Especially after Youngs ass got bounced. So they told Crawford to just fill it up. **** it. Thought it was pretty obvious.

If they are coaching Crawford to come down on a three on two break and immediately jack up a three with the other guys no where ready to rebound the ball, the our coaching staff stinks. Any guard in league can score 15 points a game if they are given Crawford's minutes and jacks up any shot he wants.

How many guards in NBA last year put up as many shots per game as Crawford and had a worse shooting percentage: zero. He's that bad.

If they are coaching Crawford to come down on a three on two break and immediately jack up a three with the other guys no where ready to rebound the ball, the our coaching staff stinks. Any guard in league can score 15 points a game if they are given Crawford's minutes and jacks up any shot he wants.

How many guards in NBA last year put up as many shots per game as Crawford and had a worse shooting percentage: zero. He's that bad.

I guess we'll just have to turn to Cartier Martin then. Because he's money.

As far as that stat, lets look at that. Crawford had 872 FGA's last year at an even .400 shooting percentage. Kemba Walker shot .366 on 767 FGA. Jamal Crawford .384 on 737. Antawn Jamison was .403 (the same for all intents and purposes) on 1044 FGA. The great Deron Williams was at .407 on 961 shots. Louis Williams at .407 on on 782. Caron Butler at .407 on 705. OJ Mayo .408 on 736. Danny Granger at .416 on 941. And NY was at .403 on 784 FGA

I'm not saying Crawford is great, or even a starter. But he's a young player, he can run the point, and he's a nice scoring option off the bench who can fill it up fast.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I guess we'll just have to turn to Cartier Martin then. Because he's money.

As far as that stat, lets look at that. Crawford had 872 FGA's last year at an even .400 shooting percentage. Kemba Walker shot .366 on 767 FGA. Jamal Crawford .384 on 737. Antawn Jamison was .403 (the same for all intents and purposes) on 1044 FGA. The great Deron Williams was at .407 on 961 shots. Louis Williams at .407 on on 782. Caron Butler at .407 on 705. OJ Mayo .408 on 736. Danny Granger at .416 on 941. And NY was at .403 on 784 FGA

I'm not saying Crawford is great, or even a starter. But he's a young player, he can run the point, and he's a nice scoring option off the bench who can fill it up fast.

I agree!! He can shoot a little less but he's young and maybe he will improve, he's not a terrible player too have.

Crawford is useful because he's the only other guy aside from Wall and maybe Beal that can get his own shot. You need someone who can score against a set defense. Crawford has moves. For starters he's got a decent fadeaway and turnaround jumper that he gets off pretty well. For much of the season he was also the only guy on the team with the stones to take a transition 3 last year.

We need more than just Wall to be able to create his shots because, as we see, Wall will get hurt and he has to come out from during games.

Crawford is basically young Jamaal Crawford. That's either a useful player in the right circumstance or an easy scapegoat in the wrong one.

Jan Vesely hasn't progressed a bit as a player. Without Wall in there he just stands around till someone bodies him out of the way.

Complete waste of a 6th pick.

Other than our pathetic backup bigs it's been a pretty entertaining game in Brooklyn. PGs are playing better and Beal is doing his thing. Okafor helps a lot and Webster continues to look far better than Ariza.

Vesely looked terrible out there. If he is a pf, he is far too small and gets thrown out of the way each possession. He seems to only be able to rebound on the perimeter. If he is a sf, then has has zero ability to shoot unless it is an alley oop. Waste of a pick. Okafor impressed me tonight.