Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Westbrook said he was playing the beginning of the season with a torn quad. Two things don’t make sense: how would it have healed? Why the **** would the organization keep playing him when everyone knew he was playing injured?

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Indiana is awful and the NBA desperately needs defense to come back in vogue. 

would absolutely love to see the nba return more to a defensive-focused game. watching that MJ doc and seeing all those games end in the ~80 point range was so jarring after being adjusted to today's game. i know we're way past that though

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

So the Wall-Westbrook trade isn't quite the disaster it appeared to be earlier in the season.

Westbrook was always better than Wall, always will be. I feel like the negativity had more to do with fan attachment.

Westbrook is insane. All time great.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Westbrook was always better than Wall, always will be. I feel like the negativity had more to do with fan attachment.

Westbrook is insane. All time great.

Fan loyalty and the fact that Westbrook was god awful in the bubble.  So awful that the entire Rockets franchise collapsed on itself.

• Like 1

Westbrook was better this year than Wall, there’s no debate.  Also, Wall managed just 40 games and is likely to have his knee scoped soon.  I don’t think Westbrook’s contract is any good, but at this point it looks like the better of the two.  

Wall should retire while he can still walk, but his contract is going to keep him playing.  He meant so much to us and it’s sad to see him deal with all these injuries.  It’s unrealistic to expect anyone to walk away from that much money though so he’ll do what he can.  

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's remarkable how many awful contracts EG gave out. There was never any reason to give Wall an extension with two years left on his contract. Totally ****ed the Wiz. 

You’d think after Arenas he would be more cautious with massive contracts to injured players but Ernie never learned a thing from his mistakes.  If he had waited to resign Wall, that super max deal never happens.  I wonder if Walls camp didn’t push for it, fearing exactly that.  He cashed in right before his body fell apart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

You’d think after Arenas he would be more cautious with massive contracts to injured players but Ernie never learned a thing from his mistakes.  If he had waited to resign Wall, that super max deal never happens.  I wonder if Walls camp didn’t push for it, fearing exactly that.  He cashed in right before his body fell apart.

I looked up the Arenas contract five minutes ago thinking about all the bad contracts. A near max deal at the time for a FA coming off a major knee surgery and a failed rehab. I mean, a ****ing knee injury in basketball and a failed rehab. It's nuts. 

No doubt Wall's reps pushed for it to lock it in but a semi-decent GM waits at least another year. 

I put in a little wager this morning and checked on it this afternoon.  The payout offer seemed a little fishy.  Usually, they’ll offer you 95%ish on your wager if you want to cash out before the game starts.  Now they are offering me 110%+.  It’s weird.  It’s a back to back for Milwaukee.  I wonder if the plan to sit Giannis or Middleton.

16 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I put in a little wager this morning and checked on it this afternoon.  The payout offer seemed a little fishy.  Usually, they’ll offer you 95%ish on your wager if you want to cash out before the game starts.  Now they are offering me 110%+.  It’s weird.  It’s a back to back for Milwaukee.  I wonder if the plan to sit Giannis or Middleton.

I was thinking the Bucks might sit a bunch of players. Wizards have had some good luck playing teams that aren't at full strength. 

44 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Rui out tonight with non COVID illness.  Two steps forward, one step back for that guy.  More opportunity for Gil and Hutchison.

Another chance for a random rotation by Brooks. 

54 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Rui out tonight with non COVID illness.  Two steps forward, one step back for that guy.  More opportunity for Gil and Hutchison.

That trade looks better by the day. Not in the DMV, so I’ve only gotten to see Hutchison a couple times, but he’s long, quick, got good bounce, plays D, and gives 100%. Can’t ask for more as a coach. Gafford has been the running, dunking rim defender the Wiz been lacking for some time.

Brown will always be a very good athlete who plays basketball. Poor shooter, and lacking B-ball IQ. 

• Like 1