Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

42 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I truly don't get it.  It's bizarre.  I would be over the moon if I was a Wiz fan, if I thought there was a chance to get out of Wall's horrific contract.  There's more of a chance that he's never going to be what he once was, then there is that he will go back to being a top 5 PG.  Those days are over.  Once he loses his athleticism and speed, he will really be an albatross on offense.

Elite vision never fades. See: Rajon Rondo. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Neither does size or strength.  And John Wall at 80% speed is still a burner who can get to the rim and be a threat to score on the break.

There are a handful of guys who are built different. Even fewer who have elite vision, drive, and bbiq to go along with it. Lebron, CP3, Kidd all found ways to be dominant as they aged. Johns game is not predicated on athleticism, but rather running an effective pnr With a viable big man, savy cutters, and perimeter threats. 

Been watching more vids of Avdija and have no idea how his shooting %s were so low. He's got such a quick and clean release. Hopefully with coaching and working out here he can clean those up. 

Being a pro player at only 19 yrs old factored into it as well.

Edited by CRobi21

32 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I am olay with this. He just turned 23 and is pretty good offensively with high energy. Just make sure he is hitting the gym and being better defensively.

Wall/Smith/Winston

Beal/Robinson/Bonga

Bertans/Brown/Deni

Rui/Wagner

Bryant/Lopez

We have a deeper roster than I can ever really remember having in 20 years (Because we haven't traded our last 2 years of 1st and 2nd rounders). The Offense is going to be wild... can we just somehow be a top 20 defense?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Been watching more vids of Avdija and have no idea how his shooting %s were so low. He's got such a quick and clean release. Hopefully with coaching and working out here he can clean those up. 

The sample sizes are small.  Looks like he only played 371 minutes and took only 94 shots and 18 free throws.

• Like 2

Yea, stats don't say much about Avdija.

This guy looks like a shooter with range.

19 years old. Would be pretty rare if we see him actually playing next season unless he's a rare talent. Id predict we don't see him till 2022 but analysts love this guy. 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Being a pro player at only 19 yrs old factored into it as well.

He won't average more than 10 a game....he'll ride the bench. I personally think he's going to bust hard once he has to match up with legit competition. His first step seems a bit slow

Ok well now the excitement of assembling a team is done a few things...

1-  Lock Bertans in a weight room.  
2-  How is Rui’s three ball?  He needs one to max out his potential and a score from everywhere mismatch PF.  
3- Once Davis grows a pair of NBA caliber shoulders lock him and Troy Brown and Advija in a gym.  Don’t let them out until two of them have a reliable three ball.  
4- How is Walls three point shot?  Two years is a long time to work on free throws and spot up three point shots.  It better be good,  

I don't think the Wizards make the playoffs.  This is an average team.  I'm not even gaga over Beal like most people are.  The bench may be slightly better, but the lack of experience is troubling.  I am skeptical of Wall's ability to put it mildly.  I won't write off Avdija yet, but he will not contribute much this year.  If Bertans can light it up consistently and there can be a semblance of defense then they are a 7 seed at best.  I think they likely finish 38-44 or something like that.