Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/hawks-101-wizards-99-al-horford-beats-the-buzzer-washington-in-overtime/2013/12/13/69e14e2c-6464-11e3-a373-0f9f2d1c2b61_story.html

Does this bother you guys as much as it bothers me?

Well Randy, you are the coach so..... :angry:

“I just don’t think we were ready to play,” Wittman said. “We take shortcuts. When you take shortcuts, you can’t become a good team. We take shortcuts all the time. It cost us too many games. We’re not a disciplined team.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

This is still one of the better wizards teams I've seen in a minute, and I liked the comeback to take it to overtime when we could of just packed it in again. Bench played better, and it will be interesting to see if Booker can start becoming more consistent or not.

Having said that, glad to get Webster back, but still not good enough to overcome missing two starters (Beal and Nene). This is still a playoff team, imo, but I'm getting tired of talking about how respectable we can be with everybody on the floor because it just never seems to happen for us.

Edited by Renegade7

Missed most of this game. Glad I did. Saw Wall playing well and saw Booker make a few plays but didn't see much else. I did catch a fair amount of Kentucky and Kansas though.

- I'm not totally sold on Julius Randle. I'm not sure he's the good kind of tweener. Beast of a scorer. But looks like an awful defender and he doesn't look long.

- I am very sold on Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Those two should be the first two draft picks.

- James McAdoo is like Shane Battier with more muscles and no 3 point shot. He's got a spot in the NBA if he develops a 3.

Ok. I'm on the find a way to move Nene bandwagon.

I wanted to make a playoff push this season but what's the point.

I don't see how we can sustain any long-term success with Nene.

You can't count on him.

It's not going to happen. Ernie and Randy are fighting for their careers this season.

Also Willie Cauley-Stein has terrific size and he moves really well. He's an interesting project big if he comes out this year.

Who the hell would trade for Nene any ways? He's valuable when he plays but his earns too much money and isn't healthy enough to justify taking on that kind of contract. It would take an idiot to make that move and last time I checked, we can't make a deal with EG.

- James McAdoo is like Shane Battier with more muscles and no 3 point shot. He's got a spot in the NBA if he develops a 3.

I'd take any McAdoo. Heck I'd take Cousin Bozo McAdoo. I remember seeing Bob play the Bullets at the Cap Centre. Best player I ever saw live.

I'm not optimistic about Nene's health. I am optimistic about Beal's health.

Nene has been hurt and playing at 60% all season with that damn Achilles injury and I'm not sure when he's ever going to be healthy.

Beal was shut down as a preventative measure to avoid his stress fracture flaring up again. His situation is different.

If we don't get Nene back or trade him, we're going to lose a ton of games. If we're trading him, then we've lost yet another season. And if that happens then you need to make absolutely certain we don't finish 9th. There couldn't be a worse scenario.

I'm not ready to admit defeat on this season though. I don't want to see Wall miss the playoffs yet again. He's good enough to lead a playoff team, it's critical for him to make the playoffs this year.

But playoffs or not, I want to see Grunfeld and Wittman replaced in the offseason.

BTW, I do think Nene has trade value because he's a good legit 7 footer. I don't think his salary will scare everyone away, someone traded for Rudy Gay after all.