Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Lakers always have lots of bandwagon fans, I wouldn't sweat it. It was funny hearing the chorus of boos for Nick Young though. First Blatche bricking two FTs to help seal our comeback vs. the Nets earlier, then Nick Young bricking the game tying 3. Gotta love that. Now we just need Jordan Crawford to come in here and brick a game winning dunk attempt or something.

• Like 1

Michael Lee ‏@MrMichaelLee32m

The chemistry & teamwork of Nene & Marcin Gortat is amazing. Nene just sprayed deodorant on Gortat's underarms in the locker room #wizards

lol

:lol:

Gortat seems like a fun teammate.  You can just tell by his body language on the court.  He truly cares but he's also not uptight.  The game is fun for him.

Both his and Nene's numbers are up this year.  They're thriving together.

This game gave me reason to be optimistic about Wizards basketball. Been a while since I said that.

John Wall showed his full ability tonight. If Nene can score down low like that consistently, and we get contributions from everyone else (like tonight) then there is no reason we can't make the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference.

Making the playoffs isn't an issue. It's how we get there. This team is top heavy. Same problem from the Arenas/Jamison/Butler years. Our best bench players back then were Darius Songaila, Roger Mason and the corpse of Antonio Daniels. Same problem is manifesting again. Really hope Otto Porter can give good production off the bench but I'm not sure how well he'll perform with players like Temple and Maynor.

Watched a replay of the game on NBATV when I finally got home last night. It was the fan pick game of the night or some ****. Three thoughts, holy **** the refs sucked, we have the talent to have homecourt advantage in the 1st round if, huge if, if we stay relatively healthy, and lastly, I'm all in on Wall, officially. I've been holding my breath since day 1 with him but I'm a believer now, that he truly is a franchise player. Annnnnd I apologize now for the broken leg I probably just cursed him with.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wall is a beast.  He made the leap last March and just had a funky start to this year.  And when you step back, averaging 18 and 9 is pretty good for having an off month.

Wall needs to make the playoffs this year.  Having home court for round one would be awesome so we could potentially win a series.  It'd be great for him and the fans to get a taste of some postseason winning.

But anyway, if Wall keeps playing like this, the league is going to start talking about him like he's the new Derrick Rose.  There will be a honey moon phase for a few years where everyone views him as a franchise player.  Then hopefully he wins a championship sooner rather than later or else the criticism will get loud again.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

Making the playoffs isn't an issue. It's how we get there. This team is top heavy. Same problem from the Arenas/Jamison/Butler years. Our best bench players back then were Darius Songaila, Roger Mason and the corpse of Antonio Daniels. Same problem is manifesting again. Really hope Otto Porter can give good production off the bench but I'm not sure how well he'll perform with players like Temple and Maynor.

Haha Darius Songaila, there's a name I haven't heard in years. I always loved having Antonio Daniels on the team, I would take him right now over Maynor's clown ass. 

Don't believe that at all. Ted bought the Caps because it gave him a path to eventually buy the Wizards. And he was around when Jordan proved the Wizards can sell out the Phonebooth and spurred Abe into dropping money on Gilbert, Antawn and Co.

He bought into the Caps and business to eventually have full control of the Verizon Center.

To be truthful, Ted only cares about sell outs. Caps fans lap up them being a middling playoff team so he has no incentive to get them better.

Its a DC sports fan thing.

I've pretty much given up on the bench in terms of producing points. I just want them to stay on the court without falling on their faces. Gotta learn from Beal's injury, playing that many minutes will lead to problems for the other starters.

I just want Beal/Wall/Porter to stay healthy.  The wins will take care of themselves at that point.

So true but I'd like to add Nene and Gortat to that list. Our starting 5 have GOT to stay on the court this season. Each and every one of them or it's no paloffs. We just don't have the bench to ensure wins.

He bought into the Caps and business to eventually have full control of the Verizon Center.

To be truthful, Ted only cares about sell outs. Caps fans lap up them being a middling playoff team so he has no incentive to get them better.

Its a DC sports fan thing.

The Caps haven't been selling out for a while.  But Ted doesn't give a **** about winning.  That is 100% fact.  If he did there wouldn't be two clown GMs still employed after a decade of mediocrity/failure.

• Like 1

The chemistry & teamwork of Nene & Marcin Gortat is amazing. Nene just sprayed deodorant on Gortat's underarms in the locker room

:D  :lol: Hilarious.

I was nervous as **** down the stretch because the Lakers kept making so many threes but it was a nice close out / win. 

Of course I’m just afraid that Beal will be out for an extended time and we have zero back up guards on this roster.  It’s times like these where you wish they hadn’t given Crawford away for a handful of magic beans.  Oh well.    

I regret signing Maynor on the first day of free agency and giving him a second year player option.

Yeah I've never been impressed with him or his game.  I'm not sure what the Wiz Brass saw in Maynor.  You can see how ****ed up the offense is when run through him. 

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/84002/cataloguing-john-walls-99-points-over-the-last-three-games

Over the course of the last three games, John Wall has scored 99 points. I just watched all of them with the new NBA.com video playlist function. I basically invented John Wall RedZone. You can thank me later.

Much more in the link

That NBA stat video may be the best thing to happen to the NBA in some time.

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/84002/cataloguing-john-walls-99-points-over-the-last-three-games

Much more in the link

That NBA stat video may be the best thing to happen to the NBA in some time.

Nice. Thanks for sharing that.

As an aside, I kind of like the "quick ain't fair" catchphrase about Wall and it's starting to spread a little bit. Greg Anthony or Rick Fox used it about him last night.

Nice. Thanks for sharing that.

As an aside, I kind of like the "quick ain't fair" catchphrase about Wall and it's starting to spread a little bit. Greg Anthony or Rick Fox used it about him last night.

The "quick ain't fair" started with the Adidas advertisements, they're much better at that kind of thing than Reebok.

The "quick ain't fair" started with the Adidas advertisements, they're much better at that kind of thing than Reebok.

It's amazing what a competent shoe company can do for your brand.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride for now, but it's really hard not to look ahead to the AS game and think about Wall. If he keeps up this pace, he's going to be the East's starting PG. Can you imagine how fun it'll be to watch him in that game playing with the likes of LeBron and Paul George?

I know this is premature, but the East should start Wall, Kyrie, George, LeBron, and I guess Bosh or Hibbert.

That lineup would be pretty awesome.

• Like 1