Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Michael Lee

‏@MrMichaelLee

Can confirm that Bradley Beal has been experiencing some soreness in his right leg & got checked out today. Can't speculate on rest #wizards

Have we seen this movie before?

Leading the NBA in minutes played coming off an injury, that Wittman/Grunfeld duo is a dream.

Edited by StillUnknown

Its like every single freaking person watching this team saw this coming except the ones who are actually in charge. Am i taking crazy pills here!!!??

i mean not even like we just thought maybe it could happen. We KNEW this would happen if we played our starters too long. Its a goddamn certainty! Hell, ESPN even had a Beal interview talking about his huge minutes this year. ESPN. Wizards.

play a guy coming off a leg injury 40 minutes a night and expect him not to get injured, friends (and there were posts in this thread that were saying just that)

this effing team.

This is what makes no sense to me.  I think we all saw this coming a mile away.  Well, everyone except for the Wizards FO.  It's a joke. 

While it'll be hard to replace Beal, the team shouldn't go into the crapper like they would without Wall. Martell is going to have to come up big for us. He's going to have to find his range from 3 like last year or we're going to have a drop off. Beal was automatic from 3. He was shooting .439 from three as opposed to .407 from the field and he made almost 3 a game.

Yep. A stress injury.

Do you remember if it was a knee injury?

Wall's stress fracture in his knee took like four or five months to heal...

At what point does DC sports start getting official curse talk? I know my screen name on here is an ode to a Bullets curse but that's more a joke (come up with by Tony K) than something real.  Or it was anyway. But I mean goddamn...the only thing to top this year off is if Bryce Harper fractures his hip in a spring training game.

While it'll be hard to replace Beal, the team shouldn't go into the crapper like they would without Wall. Martell is going to have to come up big for us. He's going to have to find his range from 3 like last year or we're going to have a drop off. Beal was automatic from 3. He was shooting .439 from three as opposed to .407 from the field and he made almost 3 a game.

Yea....but now the awful bench is even awfulerer.

At this point, any trade specualtion is pointless. The Wizards don't have enough players to field a team, let alone start dealing.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother