Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Rebounding is a major issue for this team when we don't have Booker or Okafor in. That lineup with Jan and Seraphin as the bigs and Martin at SF is so soft. They don't box out at all and had no hope of keeping the Nets off the glass. It's keeping the Nets in this game.

---------- Post added April-15th-2013 at 09:11 PM ----------

Both Seraphin and Vesely get caught watching the shots and don't put a body on their man.

You can tell how bad a player is by the amount of praise they get for doing the smallest of things correctly.

Talking about the hedge and recover?

Nobody on the team actually does that well. Ves does but that's one of the only parts of his defense that's been good tonight.

Vesely is just letting guys go by him when he's on the ball. And the rest of the team is standing around and watching. Vesely simply can not be the defensive anchor at C.

---------- Post added April-15th-2013 at 09:25 PM ----------

I don't care that Lopez, Johnson, and DWill aren't playing tonight. There really is no excuse for the Nets lose tonight. Look at the lineup we've got out there.

---------- Post added April-15th-2013 at 09:34 PM ----------

****. Not good. Might be time to take Wall out.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Randy, take Wall and Booker out of the game! Wall nearly getting his left leg pinned on that fall was a sign from the goddamn basketball gods to just accept the tank. The disaster to end all disasters nearly happened and you still have Wall out there, driving the lane and scrapping for lose balls.

If we end the season on a 6 game losing streak won't that put us under the ".500 record with John Wall" the owner likes to brag on?

Leonsis is now bragging on the 15-7 mark when Beal, Wall and Nene all play together. It's clear he thinks everyone did a great job this season.

If we end the season on a 6 game losing streak won't that put us under the ".500 record with John Wall" the owner likes to brag on?
He likes to talk about our record in games where Wall, Beal, and Nene all play in. I think our record in such games is 15-7. He'd probably bring up that we were without Nene, Beal, and Webster.

But yes, this team has some serious question marks, even with everyone healthy. You know there's a problem when your bigs get out-toughed by Andray Blatche.

Somehow, the WNBA looks like even more of a joke than I thought before. So uncompetitive. The lottery shenanigans they pulled this year basically ended any chance that I will ever watch a single game. Hopefully all of DC's bad juju for a while got used up by the Mystics in how they got screwed by their lottery.

- RG3 tears his knee up.

- John Wall misses 33 games with a mysterious knee injury and every other major player on the team gets injured throughout the year.

- The Nationals utterly collapse in the 9th inning.

- The Mystics get screwed picking 4th.

Feels like more to come, especially with the Nats. Strasburg is going to reinjure his elbow or Harper is going to tear his knee up.

So i have no idea but my friend thinks Alex Len is the next Alonzo Mourning lol

I'm a MD fan and I can say for a fact, Alex Len is NOT ready for the NBA. He's so uncoordinated looking at this point. Only shows flashes. He'll be a Shawn Bradley type player. OK, but not great.

24-24 with Wall. Sit him on Wed and keep that record at .500 LOL.

But seriously, he has no business playing tomorrow. He's proven that he's on his way to stardom and clearly took the next step in his development. We know what we have with him, and I would much rather see guys like Ves get minutes to see if there is ANYTHING worth salvaging.

*edit*

We need to trade Nene this offseason. He's breaking down right before our eyes. We'll be lucky to have him play 55+ games in a season for the remainder of his contract.

Edited by RonArtest15

Somehow, the WNBA looks like even more of a joke than I thought before. So uncompetitive. The lottery shenanigans they pulled this year basically ended any chance that I will ever watch a single game. Hopefully all of DC's bad juju for a while got used up by the Mystics in how they got screwed by their lottery.

- RG3 tears his knee up.

- John Wall misses 33 games with a mysterious knee injury and every other major player on the team gets injured throughout the year.

Feels like more to come, especially with the Nats. Strasburg is going to reinjure his elbow or Harper is going to tear his knee up.

I know, right? I saw they had 5 wins, assuming they'd easily get Griner, Delle Donn or Diggins, three players who I'd actually consider watching play for the Mystics. But, they get shafted and get the 4th pick, missing out on three great, marketable players.

We need to trade Nene this offseason. He's breaking down right before our eyes. We'll be lucky to have him play 55+ games in a season for the remainder of his contract.

Takes two to tango, if we see it, other teams do as well. That contract + the fact that he is breaking down makes him hard to move.

You seriously don't know the answer to that yet?

LOL...I'm clearly grasping at straws. My guess is he'll be back in Europe after next year.

Takes two to tango' date=' if we see it, other teams do as well. That contract + the fact that he is breaking down makes him hard to move.[/quote']

Yea, probably easier said than done. Maybe ship him off to a contender or Phoenix.

- RG3 tears his knee up.

I know, right? I saw they had 5 wins, assuming they'd easily get Griner, Delle Donn or Diggins, three players who I'd actually consider watching play for the Mystics. But, they get shafted and get the 4th pick, missing out on three great, marketable players.

I still remember how pissed I was when the WNBA lottery happened.

I hate the NBA/WNBA Lottery. It is the dumbest thing in professional sports right now. I am still pissed that the Mystics had the worst record in the league and got the fourth pick.

It should be the worst team gets the best pick. So what if they tank, if you are the worst team you should get the best amateur.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew it was BS. The Mystics always have one of the highest attendances in the WNBA. I guarantee you that the three teams that leaped them were struggling with attendance. That was so lame.