Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Getting to the point where I almost expect Wall's jumpshot to fall.

What a difference a month and some change makes.

*dunk video*

somebody needs to give him a 10 day contract right before all-star weekend so he can get in the dunk contest. The dunk at the 53 second mark is ridiculous.

Edited by StillUnknown

We seem to be drawing more techs than ever. The NBA is just going to have to deal with the fact we're getting good and you're not going to be able to get away with the same BS that you used to against the Wizards.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 07:31 PM ----------

Nene isn't moving his feet well on D tonight. Now he's in foul trouble. That's disappointing.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 07:36 PM ----------

Nobody is making shots. John is going to have to take the scoring load onto his back for us to have a chance.

It's not helping that they're making shots like that one. Ridiculous.

The rest of the schedule is brutal. I'm going to be sad if we don't get to 30 wins.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 07:46 PM ----------

**** you Doc Rivers. **** you officials. Wall made a play on the ball. And he deserved to get his pound of flesh after that horrible no call the previous possession.

Wall is frustrated again, letting his emotions get in the way after not getting the foul on the offensive end.

I think he needed to put Boston and the refs on notice that he will not be punked. Randolph had a hard foul coming.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 07:53 PM ----------

The officiating has gone Boston's way. ****ing palming call and not calling a ton of the contact on Wall. They wanted to give Boston possession on that play at the end of the 3rd too.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 08:07 PM ----------

I hate losing these kinds of games. I hate getting crapped on by the refs.

I think he needed to put Boston and the refs on notice that he will not be punked. Randolph had a hard foul coming.

In terms of hard fouls, it was pretty weak. I don't think he was trying to send any messages, he was just heated at the moment. The Celtics defending him a little better in the 3rd quarter probably didn't help things.

Holy crap, Ves is actually playing very well.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 08:13 PM ----------

In terms of hard fouls, it was pretty weak. I don't think he was trying to send any messages, he was just heated at the moment. The Celtics defending him a little better in the 3rd quarter probably didn't help things.

He got called for a flagrant. Randolph hit the deck hard and looked like he saw some stars there on the ground.

The Celtics aren't defending him better so much as they're getting away with murder. Moving screens every time, pick man holding the defender when he tries to go under him, clobbering Wall every time he goes into the paint. Wall hasn't shot a single FT tonight... Nobody is making shots so they're just doubling Wall on the pick and rolls and we're not varying our offense enough to cope.

Wall has zero free throw attempts. Zero. I can't remember the last time wall had so many shots and not one trip to the charity stripe. Refs are hating.

Games like this show the need for a second star though. Get Wall a big time scorer in the front court, preferably at the 4 or 5.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

Also shut Nene down. He's just dropping his own stock at this point. Seraphin is starting to look light on his feet in comparison.

Edited by Destino

I can't stand Paul Pierce. KG I can take, but not Pierce. He's actually the reason I wanted to see LeBron dominate the Celtics when he went to the Heat.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 08:26 PM ----------

Running out of time in this one.

Nobody slaps at a ball quite like him, its almost like he plays defense one handed.

He's got lots of energy from his time on the bench. I actually enjoyed watching him play against KG. He slapped KG on top of his head at one point ahahaha. It would be a jackpot for this team if Ves ever figured it out and became good.

Nene had another terrible night. He hasnt played well in months.

That contract looks worse with every game he's played late this season. Hopefully he either gets healthy or gets traded because the guy on the floor today isn't worth 8 million, let alone 13.

Edited by Destino

Bad day for DC sports. Wiz lost, Nats lost, and my fantasy team lost in the championship round. This was the first and last time I ever do a head 2 head points format in fantasy basketball. My team could not have been more dominant during the entire span of the season and I lost in the final week because of a few minor injury and scheduling quirks. Teams resting their good players before the playoffs.

At the Wizards game, they're handing out replica championship rings for the 35th anniversary of the '78 championship.

35 years :ols:

1978 :ols:

:(:(:(:(:(

But I said at the beginning of the year, this team wouldn't win 30. I said 25. They have 5 chances to make me eat my words (although getting to exactly 30 isn't exactly thrilling).

Edited by pjfootballer

That contract looks worse with every game he's played late this season. Hopefully he either gets healthy or gets traded because the guy on the floor today isn't worth 8 million, let alone 13.

I like Nene, but he needs to go. The money/injuries are going to become an albatross. I was in the camp (initially) of keeping Nene around because of his leadership. As the season has gone on, I feel as though the leadership is fine with or without him in the lineup. Wall has taken that next step and with both Okafor/Ariza in the fold next year, moving Nene at any cost becomes a must. I would dangle our 2014 pick (unprotected) as well as Nene for DMC. Maybe...juuuuust maybe, the kings bite.

Nene looks like he's at about 60% and he's been that way for months. He hasn't looked dominant since the first months of the season. But I don't know how realistic trading him is going to be. I'm hoping he'll bounce back and be healthier next season. Hopefully he'll get off his feet this summer and actually rest his injuries. But our situation is similar to the Bulls'. We've got to build good depth in our front court to cope with age and injuries like the Bulls have. Okafor hasn't been a model of health and durability through his career either.

Nene is like Joakim Noah--when healthy, he's terrific, but his rugged style gets him injured a lot. Like Noah, I think good Nene is impactful enough to be a valuable piece. There will be years where they don't look like they're worth sticking with and then there will be years where they're mostly healthy and they make a big impact.

I'm trying to watch both the Nats and the Wizards game with moderate success. John is going off but the rest of the team is pretty much playing like crap. It's been amazing watching Wall since he broke out. But it's going to get old fast watching him play like a superstar in games where we get creamed. The team is so flimsy around him. Everyone is hurt and ineffective.