Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

They just can't miss from beyond the arc.......

---------- Post added April-10th-2013 at 09:23 PM ----------

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Right now, I think you'd get maybe one W in a series--the game where Wall completely goes off. We just don't have the horses to compete right now. We need everyone of Ariza, Beal, Nene, Okafor, Webster, and Wall healthy and in good shape and that never happens. Are we going to be in better shape at the end of next season, when we'll presumably be in the playoff hunt? We'll be a year older. We've got injury problems, we need to get a good big man or forward that is durable. And we need a healthy year from both Wall and Beal to have a chance.
I take back what I said earlier.....

I'm not sold on McGary, he seems like a one way player. He's strong, but not overly quick. Doesn't have much in the explosiveness department and probably won't end up being a rim protector. He's also an atrocious FT shooter. Seems like someone with limited upside. I'd rather have Zeller than McGary.

oh and Miami's big three is out tonight, watch us still find a way to lose.

McGary simply vanishes for long stretches. That is not a player you want.

I'm not sold on McGary, he seems like a one way player. He's strong, but not overly quick. Doesn't have much in the explosiveness department and probably won't end up being a rim protector. He's also an atrocious FT shooter. Seems like someone with limited upside. I'd rather have Zeller than McGary.

oh and Miami's big three is out tonight, watch us still find a way to lose.

Hammer meet nail!

Quick question:

If we drop to the 5th worst team by the end of the season' date=' which is quite feasible, does EG get fired?[/quote']

It's a veritable certainty EG is here for next year. He's got one more year on his deal, he won't be evaluated until it's over unless all hell breaks loose next season.

There is only about two months from the end of the season to the draft though. I don't know if I like the idea of having a regime change between then and the draft. We need to get this pick right and I don't know if any new FO would have the time to properly evaluate the roster and then evaluate the draft.

---------- Post added April-12th-2013 at 08:49 PM ----------

I'm having problems with my CSN broadcast. It keeps cutting away to commercial constantly in the middle of play.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Pistons and Raptors won tonight, as did Philly of course. Kings are probably going to lose to San Antonio, they're a game ahead of us in the tank race. Hornets and TWolves are currently winning as a type this. A TWolves win puts them behind us and a Hornets win puts them one ahead of us.

Our last two games are hard. I think we finish somewhere between 6th and 8th in the lotto standings. Hoping either Zeller or Porter falls to us.

Oh man, wtf happened to Webster lately? I see he's out, but on top of that, no one scored more then 11 points expect Wall last night. At home? It's not just injuries, man, it's BS.

Webster has been playing hurt, he hasn't really been the same since his abdominal injury.

---------- Post added April-13th-2013 at 12:06 PM ----------

Just getting around to watching last night's contest (don't ask me why :( ), but we an NBA team actually started Cartier Martin? :ols:

Edited by StillUnknown

Nene, Ariza, & Webster all sitting out the last couple of games.

The Wizards will still win because it tends to be what we do.

I didn't even realize Ariza was hurt but Nene and Martell probably should have been resting since the beginning of April.

I'd be surprised if we beat the Nets and Bulls. They've still got reason to play and we're a three man team now. Wall, Price, Okafor. We're going to fall painfully short of 30. That's disappointing. There's just something different about seeing at least a 30 in the win column. Yeah it's a bad season, but it's not a disaster.

What a bad run for this franchise for five straight years now. And you know what the worst part of all is? Our timing. In two of the four years we were really bad during this rebuild, the draft classes sucked. Plus we got absolutely nothing to show for 2009.

A team that can't stay healthy plans on making a playoff push next year by counting on everyone being healthy. Wile E. Coyote would shake his head at this plan.

I'd prefer that this team do whatever it takes to get a second star to go with Wall and Beal and let a new GM pick and choose everything else now that virtually every contract can be shed.

Edited by Destino

What a bad run for this franchise for five straight years now. And you know what the worst part of all is? Our timing. In two of the four years we were really bad during this rebuild, the draft classes sucked. Plus we got absolutely nothing to show for 2009.

Don't worry, its not like the guy responsible for those 2 draft classes is still running the shop.......

A team that can't stay healthy plans on making a playoff push next year by counting on everyone being healthy. Wile E. Coyote would shake his head at this plan.

I'd prefer that this team do whatever it takes to get a second star to go with Wall and Beal and let a new GM pick and choose everything else now that virtually every contract can be shed.

I remember that with Vinny.

Vinny would say, Yeah, I know our o-line was decimated by injuries last year, but their a year older and all coming off major surgeries... what's the liklihood it could happen again? Draft o-line... pfah! Not til the seventh round, baby!

One player I would love to have on this team that I think would make us very good would be LaMarcus Aldrige or any other big man post scorer. Heck, I think Zach Randolph would be good here as well.

I dunno. I think Z-bo wouldnt work here because the offense almost entirely goes through him and Gasol. Here, it goes through Wall. Aldridge would be a better fit. But i think this team needs a stretch 4 that can both shoot from the corner, and rebound, Then a banger who knows how to kick it out from the post at the 5. So a Love + Okafor combo. Or something similar.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I dunno. I think Z-bo wouldnt work here because the offense almost entirely goes through him and Gasol. Here' date=' it goes through Wall. Aldridge would be a better fit. But i think this team needs a stretch 4 that can both shoot from the corner, and rebound, Then a banger who knows how to kick it out from the post at the 5. So a Love + Okafor combo. Or something similar.[/quote']

Aldridge has pretty good range, hes not a three point shooter but he can definitely stretch the floor.