Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Interesting trade idea that floated into my head... being from LA I hear that the Lakers are wanting to part with Bynum and interested in trading him for Dwight Howard.

What do you guys think about trading John Wall straight up for Bynum? I'm not advocating this trade, just throwing it out there...

No thanks. Bynum is acting up in LA. What's gunna happen here in D.C with no strong figures like Kobe to at least keep him sort of in check? It'd be a disaster. Plus with Nene, Seraphin, and Booker we're pretty solid up front. Trading Wall for Bynum makes us way worse.

I'd take Drummond after Davis.

No way you trade Wall at this point. Bynum is an under-acheiver. He'll play great one night and then disappear for the next 3. No thanks.

I think Bynum is more consistent than you give him credit.

I expect Drummond to be a flaky player though. Someone who flashes just enough talent that you keep him around, but never materializes into the dominant force he should be.

Edited by StillUnknown

I only draft Drummond if we pick 5th. Davis, Beal, Trob, and MKG will all probably be more productive sooner than Drummond, which imo, is what the wizards need. The bust factor is too high on Drummond. We miss on him, Wall won't resign and we restart all over again, while Ernie gets another 2 year extension.

I would do it as well but only if it came with the condition that we are signing a legitimate 1 or 2 to pair with Bynum. Otherwise, Bynum + a bunch of crap on the wings isn't worth it.

---------- Post added May-18th-2012 at 12:51 PM ----------

His health is also a concern, but on the court he's much more valuable than Wall.

The pick and a combination of players.

The link was going slow so I exited out of it, sorry for the next few questions.

What players ? And what do you think the Wizards would do to continue to build their team. You think Nene is playing center full-time ? I like Wall even though he has struggled at times, still the best PG the Wiz/Bullets may have ever had.

unlike GAC, and some others I liked Javale...I just think he needed coaching (still does).

The link was going slow so I exited out of it, sorry for the next few questions.

What players ? And what do you think the Wizards would do to continue to build their team. You think Nene is playing center full-time ? I like Wall even though he has struggled at times, still the best PG the Wiz/Bullets may have ever had.

unlike GAC, and some others I liked Javale...I just think he needed coaching (still does).

I think it was Bosh and Miller for our non number 1 1st, Booker, Seraphin, and Rashard.

I think it was Bosh and Miller for our non number 1 1st, Booker, Seraphin, and Rashard.

Thanks. Why would they want Lewis at all ? I get why the Wiz would want to dump him, but it hurts them. Perhaps his contract is expiring. Still that adds one more year on the legs and knees of LeBron and Wade.

I would trade draft pick straight up; but I wouldn't give up draft pick plus Seraphin. Why not take gamble that the draft pick player develops into the superstar and hold onto Seraphin? If it doesn't work you'll get another draft ticket next year.

I'd love Bosh but I don't see Miami moving him. That trade is a no brainer btw, we'd be insane to turn it down.

Bosh is a star, none of the people we'd give up is likely to be more than a good role player and let's face it booker and Seraphin are undersized. We're bigger and MUCH better with Nene and Bosh. They both have range and length... And are great pick and roll players. It's a dream for a driving point guard.

Edited by Destino

I'd love Bosh but I don't see Miami moving him. That trade is a no brainer btw, we'd be insane to turn it down.
But we'd be depleting our depth just like Miami did! Our front line is going to be Bosh, Nene, and ???. I'd much rather roll the dice with a non-top 5 pick....

But we'd be depleting our depth just like Miami did! Our front line is going to be Bosh, Nene, and ???. I'd much rather roll the dice with a non-top 5 pick....

You normally a wild eyed gambler? :) Keep James Singleton behind Bosh and sign a FA backup center, plus you still have Vesely.

Edited by Destino

Ernie will allow Captain Blatche to stay around as depth and the ever imporrtant "veteran presence".

Bosh is a star, none of the people we'd give up is likely to be more than a good role player and let's face it booker and Seraphin are undersized. We're bigger and MUCH better with Nene and Bosh. They both have range and length... And are great pick and roll players. It's a dream for a driving point guard.

I would only do this trade if we had the 5th pick, trade that and Nene. While I love the professionalism he has brought to the organization his contract and health is worrisome. I would try preserve our frontcourt depth, because it is the only plus we currently have going for us. Bosh is a top 20 player, but he never won much as "the guy" in toronto. His experience in Miami exemplifies he needs a talented wing player to take pressure off of him, which we are currently lacking. This move would just move us to mediocrity unless Wall developed a Jump-shot.

If we have the 5th pick I'd explore either trading down for multiple lottery picks. I'd rather preserve cap space to make a run at Harden in '13.

I would only do this trade if we had the 5th pick, trade that and Nene. While I love the professionalism he has brought to the organization his contract and health is worrisome. I would try preserve our frontcourt depth, because it is the only plus we currently have going for us. Bosh is a top 20 player, but he never won much as "the guy" in toronto. His experience in Miami exemplifies he needs a talented wing player to take pressure off of him, which we are currently lacking. This move would just move us to mediocrity unless Wall developed a Jump-shot.

If we have the 5th pick I'd explore either trading down for multiple lottery picks. I'd rather preserve cap space to make a run at Harden in '13.

His experience in Miami shows what? His production is down since joining the Heat. He'd benefit from joining a pick and roll offense. Also the fct that he has range plays well with a point guard that doesn't, like KG and Rondo.

This trade never happens because Seraphin, Booker, and a 2-5 pick isn't worth nearly what Bosh is to an NBA team. A star big in th NBA is not something that goes cheap.

Wall Mack

Martin Crawford

C Singleton Vesely

Bosh J Singleton

Nene ???

That team could compete for a playoff spot. Seraphin and Booker are nice role players, though both are undersized, but they aren't game changers.

Of course Kawhi Leonard is killing it for the spurs right now. Playing lockdown defense,hustling, rebounding and shooting from beyond the arc. Exactly what we needed.

ERNIEEEE :doh:

To be fair though I don't think anyone thought Vesely was going to be better than Leonard immediately. He was understood to be a project from day one. After all he was and continues to be a wing player that can't shoot. I wasn't a fan of the pick but I'll give it a few years before I declare it a bust.

I'm glad you feel this way because many of the folks over on Bulletsforever disagree.

They seem to believe that Bosh isn't anything more than a role player. :doh: