Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/andray-blatches-grand-finale-party/2012/04/25/gIQArbVJhT_blog.html

Andray Blatche’s ‘Grand Finale’ party

By Dan Steinberg

Twelve months in the life of Andray Blatche:

1) Host Lapdance Tuesday in the first week of May, 2011.

2) When the next season begins, tell your teammates that you’re “ready to die for this.”

3) Home opener: “How y’all doing? This is your captain, Andray Blatche.”

4) Get booed for like 12 straight weeks.

5) Record perhaps the NBA’s first-ever stat line of “NWT-Conditioning.”

6) Start going to the gym at 3:30 a.m.

7) Tell reporters that your weight-loss strategies include cutting your hair.

8) Miss 20 straight games for conditioning work.

9) Host a “Grand Finale” party on the night of the Wizards’ final game, 51 weeks after Lapdance Tuesday.

blatchegrandfinale0412.jpg?uuid=pCnB9o8HEeGSqwUFSuvUDQ

:ols:

Probably true.

Has any teams "captain" ever been shown the door during the season for being fat and lazy?

As I said a few weeks back, I don't ever remember a player being out for the year for "conditioning". That's beyond embarrassing. And clearly Blatche doesn't give a ****.

As I said a few weeks back, I don't ever remember a player being out for the year for "conditioning". That's beyond embarrassing. And clearly Blatche doesn't give a ****.

Lol I can't say I'm surprised. End of the year party smh. The entire season's been a party for him. Actually his entire career.

Hope he lives it up. He seems like the guy who'll be broke a year or two after being in the league. For him that may not be far off.

As someone who likes the Wiz, but rarely watches them (supremely casual fan) I have to ask... how much is their late season resurgance addition by subtraction? How much of an anchor was Young, McGee, and Blatche? Is the difference really that profound?

As someone who likes the Wiz, but rarely watches them (supremely casual fan) I have to ask... how much is their late season resurgance addition by subtraction? How much of an anchor was Young, McGee, and Blatche? Is the difference really that profound?

Vishal explained it nicely, but we've also caught teams at the right time (Chicago w/o Rose & Deng & the Heat resting the big 3).

I think Whitman has made a difference.

---------- Post added April-25th-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

I love seeing him pull Seraphin and Vesely to the side every single time they come out and coaching them up. The only thing I remember from Flip was him standing there and twitching.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I think Whitman has made a difference.

I agree. And I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year. I mean, I've already talked about the improvement this team has made. We've spoken about how he handles the young guys and how he's getting more out of our players. But consider this. Our winning percentage for the last 3 seasons has been 23%, 32% and 28%.

Wittman has a winning percentage of 35%, with a chance to get that to 37%, better than any of those years.

I know I sound like the eternal optimist, but this team has really improved under Wittman. We've also had our trying times (the latest Knicks game for example), but I wouldn't have a problem with Wittman coming back next year.

When I was watching them play the Bobcats the other night, the Bobcats announcer mentioned the Zards wanted to get to 20 wins. That was their goal. Well, I think that is a crap goal. Why not want to get to 40 or 50 wins? See, the team always setting the bar low. Same old Zards.

When I was watching them play the Bobcats the other night, the Bobcats announcer mentioned the Zards wanted to get to 20 wins. That was their goal. Well, I think that is a crap goal. Why not want to get to 40 or 50 wins? See, the team always setting the bar low. Same old Zards.

Crawford set that goal when we had like 12 wins. I think it was something along the lines of "it'd be nice to get to 20".

That was before the winning streak. They couldn't possibly get to 40 or 50 wins this season when the season ends tomorrow. Their goal wasn't to get to 20 wins at the beginning of the season. This is a recent goal. And they actually have a chance to do it which is pretty impressive. I like the way they've been playing lately.

Honestly, I think I rather have this type of season than the season that someone like the Bucks and Sixers are having. We showed a little improvement, but still have a good chance at getting the number one pick. I don't think you can ask for a better situation for a rebuilding team.

You're probably right. But I would probably rather be in Philly's shoes than ours. This year at least. Anything can happen in this year's playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if some crazy ass finals matchup happens.

That was before the winning streak. They couldn't possibly get to 40 or 50 wins this season when the season ends tomorrow. Their goal wasn't to get to 20 wins at the beginning of the season. This is a recent goal. And they actually have a chance to do it which is pretty impressive. I like the way they've been playing lately.

Of course they can't get to 40 or 50 wins. My point is, why do they wait until the end of the season to start "pouring it on." Play like that from day 1 and you make the playoffs.

Of course they can't get to 40 or 50 wins. My point is, why do they wait until the end of the season to start "pouring it on." Play like that from day 1 and you make the playoffs.

Because teams don't rest their starters at the beginning of the season and ours show up with deteriorated skills and bad cardio.

I think the guys that are playing hard now have always played hard. The difference is that the guys that weren't playing hard or were playing selfish ball are either on another team or shutdown for the season. They were also the guys that were our starters. So now you have more of a team playing because those individuals aren't playing.

I think the other difference is the Wiz now have a potent inside threat. The combination of Nene and Seraphin has been pure gold to end the season. The team is playing better because they aren't relying on their guards to create offense. The bigs are creating a large portion of the offense.

The Wiz have gotten lucky with other teams resting their starters but they have also had a number of games without Nene and Booker and most recently Crawford. Crawford is their leading scorer and Nene is the team's best big man.

GP--GS---MIN---FGM-A-----FG%---3PM-A----3P%---FTM-A----FT%---OR----DR----REB---AST---BLK---STL---PF---TO---PTS

69---64---37.8---5.8-14.1--.409-----0.5-1.7---.296---4.4-5.7---.766-----0.5----4.1----4.6-----8.3----0.5----1.8----2.5---3.8--16.4

65---65---36.3---5.8-13.6--.423-----0.0-0.6---.071---4.9-6.2---.790-----0.7----3.9----4.5-----8.0----0.9----1.4----2.1---3.9--16.4

John Wall - '10-'11 season followed by '11-'12 season...

John is basically still the exact same player we drafted.