Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I really....reaaaaaally think that Stern won't reward the Bobcats for laying down like this. Remember when the C's "tank" backfired (when they wanted Duncan) and ended up drafting Billups/Mercer with their two top-6 picks? They had an AMAZING chance to get the #1 and tanked....didn't work.

C'mon Stern...I'm not asking for the #1 overall, though it would be nice, but please give us at the least...the #2. Thanks.

Damn....

that must also mean Wittman is staying on board too.

4 game win streak against scrubs and teams resting stars saved his ass. Un-****ing-believable

2 years from now we will be in the same hole and some will wonder why.

If it's any conciliation, I still have faith in you.

You're making me laugh on twitter SU

My heart weeps right now

Edited by StillUnknown

Im not a genius. I dont know true basketball x's and o's. But damnit, it is pretty obvious why we look good at the end of the year. The other teams that are good are resting for the playoffs, and the teams that suck are trying not to ruin their draft spot. It cant be that hard to spot this! I feel like im taking crazy pills here.

It could happen.We play Cleveland, Charlotte, & Miami twice. It wouldn't shock me if Miami rested the big 3 each game.

We could win all 4, get shafted by Stern, and Ted will extend Ernie based on meaningless positive momentum to end the season........and the curse will live on.

I hate being right sometimes :(

I'll say it again, I don't see why Ernie gets such a bad rep here. I know the team sucks, but he did something that we haven't done here in my 30 years of existence in bringing excitement for the Washington Wizards to this town. We even won one playoff series. I had never seen that in my life. Who could predict that Gilbert would be bat crazy? I still think he did Gilbert wrong, but with the way the locker room was and with him being likely a main source of it, I can understand wanting to part ways with him. I agree that the locker room was too jovial and made us into a laughingstock, but lets not act like this team was brimming with hope and enthusiasm before he got here. Also, we don't know how much working under ol Abe and his desire to win a championship before he left us hindered Ernie's decision making. Maybe Ted knows more about this than us. I mean we're talking about the team who was so bad that our team president would advertise other teams stars. We were excited about seeing Gheorghe Muresan and Muggsy Bogues! I'll admit that Ernie's made some moves that left me scratching my head, but lets not act like he's the Vinny of the NBA. I mean, he did bring us Gilbert, Caron, Nene, and a bunch of other good trades. And my main fear of getting rid of him (especially with THIS team) is that we'd be so excited about getting rid of him that we'd hire somebody like Isiah Thomas (not him literally, but on par with him) and not notice the two steps back we took because we're screaming in excitement about the one step "forward" by firing Ernie.

Hopefully, with a full offseason he'll address the 2 and 3 positions and we'll see this team that's finishing strong this year put together a complete year next year.

Ernie is a pretty decent judge of talent, it's just too bad he didn't give more credence to intelligence and desire until the past year.

I'm actually relatively okay with giving him 2 more years to see this through. I just hope he realizes we need an immediate impact from whoever we draft this year.

Ernie is a pretty decent judge of talent, it's just too bad he didn't give more credence to intelligence and desire until the past year.

I'm actually relatively okay with giving him 2 more years to see this through. I just hope he realizes we need an immediate impact from whoever we draft this year.

Last time he thought about immediate impact, he flipped #5 for Foye & Miller.