Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I couldn't decide if he was double clutching or just really damn late in his release. I went with late. lol

Lol, a pause or hesitation might be a better way to describe. It's weird.

You need to be fluid with your shot. Straight up, as you're still going up and set to hit the peak (NOT stop at the peak of your jump and then shoot it), follow through, middle finger putted at the center of the basket, aim for the back of the rim, so on and so forth. MKG is just all sorts of ****ed up.

Random question would anyone trade Wall and next years #1 for the top lottery pick if we don't get it?

Not a sermon just a thought....

Would we keep this year's #1?

It wouldn't really matter if we did. I still wouldn't do it. Davis is great but Wall has the best raw talent for a PG in the league. PGs are so important. When would we find a replacement that could put us in better shape than we're in moving forward with Wall? I think it'd be hard.

I think we're better off keeping that first pick for someone like MKG or Drummond, keeping Wall, and using the pick next season then starting over with Davis and no PG.

Random question would anyone trade Wall and next years #1 for the top lottery pick if we don't get it?

Not a sermon just a thought....

Too high a price IMO.

If we were an attractive spot for free agents I might feel different, but putting Davis on our current roster with only Crawford as a credible guard player is a recipe for disaster. Even with that deal, we'll still be a lottery team, only we don't get the reap the benefits since our pick would be gone.

You would be betting the future on the ability of luring free agents to play in DC, something that hasn't been the easiest thing in the world.

---------- Post added May-29th-2012 at 05:50 PM ----------

Adrian Wojnarowski

‏@WojYahooNBA

With Del Negro staying, Scott Brooks has lost a great deal of leverage in contract talks with OKC. Wizards likely to keep Randy Wittman.

I'm sure those free agents will be lining up to play for Wittman. :(

Lol, a pause or hesitation might be a better way to describe. It's weird.

You need to be fluid with your shot. Straight up, as you're still going up and set to hit the peak (NOT stop at the peak of your jump and then shoot it), follow through, middle finger putted at the center of the basket, aim for the back of the rim, so on and so forth. MKG is just all sorts of ****ed up.

It's almost like he is shooting when he starts coming down from the peak of his jump.

https://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Drummond has lost 22 pounds since ending the season. He's at 268 now. He's very quick laterally for a big guy. VERY QUICK

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Truncated workout for Drummond. Coming off a bout of food poisoning. Nice guy. Working hard. Has crazy upside if he can put it all together

I fully expect us to draft him at this point, it would complete the trifecta of doom:

1. retain Grunfeld

2. retain Wittman

3. draft future bust

Seeing how Drummond is my least favorite top 5 prospect, I agree, we will pick him and I'm expecting it. Maybe this one time, we can get lucky and Ernie will prove most of us, or at least me, wrong.

I can't get as down on Drummond as some because he's a teenager and UConn was a mess last season. No one on that team looked good despite being loaded with talent. Inmates ran that asylum and if you watched some of the games you'd think they had no coach.

I think he's a star if he goes to OKC, San Antonio, LAL, or someone that knows how to develop a player. He's not a head case from what I've read and he's the best athlete since Howard, far better physically that unibrow. I'd almost feel bad for him if he came here with Grunfeld because this club would do nothing for him. He'd get no big man coach, support, structure, or consistency. I'm convinced that Seraphin improved because of his work with the French team.... No big learns post play in Washington because no one is here to teach it. They are told to go hire their own because when we pay a guy millions, **** dropping some change on developing players.

Somebody will fall in love with the weight loss and signs of working hard at take him #2 overall, book it.

I think he was always going #2 overall. The kid has crazy high upside. They've been talking about him as a first overall type since he was a 6'10 high school junior.

---------- Post added May-29th-2012 at 06:54 PM ----------

Personally I like Drummond. I didn't like him at first because of his rep. But I watched a few Uconn games where he played well. He's a physical force that looks like the image of young Amare/Dwight only with more developed passing and pull up shooting skills.

When he's good, Drummond is completely unstoppable. He was like 17 or 18 years old and physically dominating Big East players. When he's off, he's invisible. But he's a monstrous talent.