Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

sounds like I'm in the minority who says "embrace being terrible" and don't overpay for anybody this year. Dinwiddie or anyone else. Trade for a PG under a short term deal? Sure. Wait till the Free Agency push is over and sign the scraps to 1 year deals. Even better. Don't do this halfway. 

If you don’t want to be halfway you have to trade Beal, imo and get a stack of picks.  Then sell off guys like Bertans, Harrell, and Kuzma.

You could sign a guy like George Hill to steady things until you get your PG.

But they’ve decided to build around Beal and his friends.  (Read where his wife and KCP’s wife are BFF)

Toronto picked up the former University of Memphis big on the Lowry trade.  They drafted Barnes.  They have talked about moving Siakam.  Could we package something together to get him?  

When healthy, a starting lineup of Dinwiddie, Beal, Rui, Siakam, and Gafford/Bryant is intriguing.

• Like 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

If you don’t want to be halfway you have to trade Beal, imo and get a stack of picks.  Then sell off guys like Bertans, Harrell, and Kuzma.

You could sign a guy like George Hill to steady things until you get your PG.

But they’ve decided to build around Beal and his friends.  (Read where his wife and KCP’s wife are BFF)

Toronto picked up the former University of Memphis big on the Lowry trade.  They drafted Barnes.  They have talked about moving Siakam.  Could we package something together to get him?  

When healthy, a starting lineup of Dinwiddie, Beal, Rui, Siakam, and Gafford/Bryant is intriguing.

I wanted to trade Beal. I'd still trade him. It's nothing personal. I'd be more accepting of Unseld trying to teach defense to the very young guys on the team and trying to build a foundation for when you're ready to make moves with cap space available. 

• Like 1

Teams like Washington should be spending as close to the cap floor as possible unless you have a clear plan in place to complete and have a generational start already inhouse. These contracts are insane. Yes, they deserve it. Yes, that's the market for NBA players. No, there isn't a player on Washington including Beal who getting paid that much is going to give them the flexibility to execute a plan.

I mean you can't compare Westbrook to Ovechkin. Ovechkin has been here his entire adult life. His legacy is here. He is Capitals Hockey for all intents and purposes.

Westbrook was here for a year. Why would he have any loyalty to this joke of a franchise?

• Like 1

• BRAVEONAWARPATH changed the title to The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The Beal Era
4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Celtics trade.  3 firsts, Robert Williams, Nesmeth, and Smart. Watch out.  Just a guess.

If we trade Beal to Celtics without getting Brown back, I'd feel pretty disappointed about that.  Depending on the year and protection attached to those picks I guess, but if Boston has Tatum, Beal, and Brown, they're going to be good for a long time.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that. 

On one hand that is a crapload of first round picks and I'm somewhat pleased that the team has bought into the idea of blowing it up and starting fresh. On the other hand, this is going back to the pre Arenas days of rough to watch basketball. 

Wonder if we can get Popeye Jones and Jahidi White to comeback. 

Damn, that's a mega trade.  Six????  Not like 3 picks and 3 swaps, but six outright????? If that's true, given that likely 3-4 would be in the post big four era, that's a good trade in my book. 

Not sure if there was a team that would be less helped by the addition of Beal though.