Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s hard to put into words how much I hate this trade.  And so I’m waiting for confirmation, because that just can’t be.

I think it's probably BS too, but what am I missing on the trade in terms of why it's bad?

I can almost sympathize with Ted's frustration with the Westbrook situation.  It sucks when a team is just along for the ride and has to do whatever tampered-with cooked up scheme their players have concocted.  I'm also tired of everyone being able to get away with tampering, especially the players, which LeBron and Davis clearly did in this situation.

But in this case Westbrook actually helped us.  He got Wall's contract broken down into three more manageable ones, and the first round pick was basically a wash to balance out the one we sent out to get him.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Does Brooklyn even have that many first rounders to trade?

I think it would start in 2025?  So spread out over 2025-2035?  I'm not sure that's even allowed and one of the reasons why it sounded bogus to me.

But if allowed, we would get six picks over 10 years, a significant number of which are likely to be high lottery picks.  I mean, once they deplete all those assets, I don't know how BK would retool after the KD era.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Does Brooklyn even have that many first rounders to trade?

Doubt it.  And since you can't trade firsts in consecutive years, 6 firsts would take a minimum of 12 years to convey.  And there is probably a limit in the CBA to how many years out a first can be traded, so that teams don't end up trading draft picks 30 years in advance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Doubt it.  And since you can't trade firsts in consecutive years, 6 firsts would take a minimum of 12 years to convey.  And there is probably a limit in the CBA to how many years out a first can be traded, so that teams don't end up trading draft picks 30 years in advance.

I just looked this up it looks like the farthest out is seven years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

That has to be a joke.  Six first rounders?  No way.

Apparently literally impossible.  CBA allows pick trades 7 years out and not on consecutive years.  So the most any team could trade is 4 picks and 3 swaps.  

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

Apparently literally impossible.  CBA allows pick trades 7 years out and not on consecutive years.  So the most any team could trade is 4 picks and 3 swaps.  

Word.  I caught up on the rest of the thread.  I would hate that trade anyway.

I don't know how to embed Twitter, but some guy named Chris Roberts said Beal is requesting a trade.  It was just a matter of time, why would he want to waste his career here anyway?  The tear down of this roster is almost complete.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Word.  I caught up on the rest of the thread.  I would hate that trade anyway

Ok, this seems to be the general sentiment so I must be missing something.  Wouldn't getting back six 1st for Beal (if allowed), be a good thing?  

Just now, bearrock said:

Ok, this seems to be the general sentiment so I must be missing something.  Wouldn't getting back six 1st for Beal (if allowed), be a good thing?  

Not from the Nets though.  Those are very late first rounders at best since they would be dominating the Eastern conference for years to come.  Harris is a good player, I actually would like him on our team.  Brown and Claxton are JAGs, and you already know how I feel about Dinwiddie.

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm wondering if this includes pick swaps or Brooklyn getting other teams to help them out to 6.  Harden may be moving if they serious about Beal.

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, abdcskins said:

Not from the Nets though.  Those are very late first rounders at best since they would be dominating the Eastern conference for years to come.  Harris is a good player, I actually would like him on our team.  Brown and Claxton are JAGs, and you already know how I feel about Dinwiddie.

Yeah, but in this hypothetical world where you could trade that far out, the picks would be 2025-2035 at the earliest.  They'll probably start to suck in 4-5 years

Just now, bearrock said:

Yeah, but in this hypothetical world where you could trade that far out, the picks would be 2025-2035 at the earliest.  They'll probably start to suck in 4-5 years

Oh okay, yeah that's true.  I guess you never know what will happen in the future.  Six first rounders is indeed a great haul for one player.  I dunno, we will see.  The Nets with Beal, Irving, Durant, and Harden would be kind of silly.  Not sure how they would spread the ball with all 4 on the court at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm wondering if this includes pick swaps or Brooklyn getting other teams to help them out to 6.  Harden may be moving if they serious about Beal.

I guess if 6-8 team involvement is true, you could actually end up with 6 picks.  Sounds kind of insane though.

Is going from Harden to Beal really an improvement?  You get younger, but their timeline is tied to KD anyway.

Just now, abdcskins said:

The Nets with Beal, Irving, Durant, and Harden would be kind of silly.  Not sure how they would spread the ball with all 4 on the court at the same time.

Yeah, this part makes no sense to me.  That seems like a roster someone would create in 2K if they didn't know how to construct a coherent team.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Word.  I caught up on the rest of the thread.  I would hate that trade anyway.

I don't know how to embed Twitter, but some guy named Chris Roberts said Beal is requesting a trade.  It was just a matter of time, why would he want to waste his career here anyway?  The tear down of this roster is almost complete.

Good.  Hope Brad does request a trade.

Mainly, l just want to stick it to Ted.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH