Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

People thought Howard would fix this defense.  Like I’ve said for years now, the problem with this defense is not their center.  

Fix? Maybe not, but not having a rim protector has been killing us.  Problem right up there is xs and os, but i think you misworded your feelings on center.  I definitely felt it would make a major impact, but not if Brooks is rec center bad.

Is there a gif of Beal taking the board?

Just now, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Wizards should trade Wall and Beal, try to stack like 4 first rounders and start over. It may not be their fault but there's been a pall of underachievement regardless of their talent.

80 points in the first half with one of the quickest guards in the league

Only works if Grunfield is done too. Other than that no point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Only works if Grunfield is done too. Other than that no point. 

Thank God Howard has a player option, i need someone to give a reason to be optimistic about an interim head coach on same staff as Brooks being any better coaching thia defense. 

If say Ernie gets fired and we get a better coach, i really like this roster, they are not being maximized at all.  79 points at half is impossible to defend for someone that's been here as long as Brooks, that I'm a rookie still learning the ropes bad, he has to go first.

Again, I'm not sure how much getting rid of Brooks now will help unless his replacement is better.   Can we do that right now?  I'd rather have Toliver coach this is ridiculous.

51 minutes ago, Destino said:

People thought Howard would fix this defense.  Like I’ve said for years now, the problem with this defense is not their center.  

particularly given the fact that Howard has never liked switching or shown much of an effort in that area

30 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I feel really bad for the Wizards-only fans on ES. Stay tough.

I tried to get into hockey and the caps a couple of years back, didn't take. happy they won for the people that support them, but I can't pretend like that title is mine. this Skins/Wizards/Nats life is painful. 

but still i rise, i guess

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The national media will start noticing this and Ernie gonna get engulfed in flames.

If Ernie gets fired, this is all worth it.

Ernie is the friendliest human on planet earth apparently. Media been carrying his water for the longest time, I don't see that tune changing, no matter how obviously it is deserved

1 hour ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Wizards should trade Wall and Beal, try to stack like 4 first rounders and start over. It may not be their fault but there's been a pall of underachievement regardless of their talent.

80 points in the first half with one of the quickest guards in the league

Those two average between 50-60 points between them in the playoffs.  They are the only reason we win playoff series, this is not their fault.  

Thinking trading for draft picks will fix anything if Ernie is making them is a mistake.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Scott Brooks is going to be fired within the next few days.

Serious Question: who replaces him?  Is that a waste of time?