Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

The wizards will improve.  They’re no where near as bad as they look now.  What we’re seeing is the culture and coaching working through some of it’s weaknesses.  This culture has never demanded players show up in great shape and ready to play, so there’s a good chance they’re playing their way into game shape.  Again.  

Brooks famously doesn’t coach player movement more than absolutely necessary, and this seems to extend to both sides of the floor.  He’s all about guys being free to do whatever they want.  You can see that freedom philosophy with the useless amount of switching and disarray on defense.  I’ve read his practices are soft as well.  Combine these things and you have guys literally trying to work out how they want to play defense as a team, during games. 

Think of these early games as extended training camp.   

All of this is probably true.  And all of it is absolutely unacceptable.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, ixcuincle said:

I am all in for the tank. Just give up on this year. Then fire Scott and fire Ernie. This team has repeatedly made the playoffs and flamed out. If they do terribly, there won't be job security for Ernie. He'll be gone, Wizards can get some real people in the FO and draft Zion Willimson too. Just give up on this year. It is the best solution to get talent on this team. 

It would be dumb for the Wizards to tank. They are too talented to reach the Cavs/Suns/Hawks depths of hell. You are going to end up with this team and the #8 pick.

The moves to make are pretty obvious. Trade one of Beal/Wall or Porter/Oubre. This team is like the Raptors of the 4 seed. Just rolling out the same dudes every year and getting to the exact same spot.

• Thanks 1

mes

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I know i will, no shame in my game, been saying it all offseason, why change now?

I got the full Dwight experience in Houston. There will be nights where you feel like you are watching God's own center.

And somehow, you'll win fewer games with him than you did without him.

It's insanity.

Playoff Dwight is real.

At this point I'll take anything if it leads to some more wins.  Or even competent-looking offensive and defensive execution.  I need something to keep me watching because it's getting easier and easier to say **** it, let's binge something on Netflix instead.  I don't need to be angry over sports any more.

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

mes

I got the full Dwight experience in Houston. There will be nights where you feel like you are watching God's own center.

And somehow, you'll win fewer games with him than you did without him.

It's insanity.

I feel you, when i hear he wouldn't take Steve Nash advice on free throw shots in LA, i knew what time it was.  

If we can manage to go worse the 1-6 our next 7 games, they'll be no more excuses, somebody has to die.  It will likey be Brooks with Ernie saying he didn't get the most out of them, nevermind he's the one that put them there.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Playoff Dwight is real.

This team on paper should be sensing shockwaves, this start is an abomination to dc sports, with or without him.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

At this point I'll take anything if it leads to some more wins.  Or even competent-looking offensive and defensive execution.  I need something to keep me watching because it's getting easier and easier to say **** it, let's binge something on Netflix instead.  I don't need to be angry over sports any more.

Keep forgetting you're married and have to share the share the TV every once in while.  She even like sports? That's gotta be torture when we play like that regardless.  God bless whoever it was that said their wife was watching the game on a tablet in a separate room by herself, only thing good about being angry at sports is being angry together.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It's a shame those new unis are gonna be remembered this way smh

What Jersey is Rivers holding up?  How do you airball a Jersey photo op?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Finally found a sponsor.  Maybe now Ted can afford that luxury tax bill.

I was wondering about that.  We hear that the team is losing money all the time, but they took a long time to find a sponsor.  Not Ernie's usual style which is to rush things and end up making the wrong choice. 

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Keep forgetting you're married and have to share the share the TV every once in while.  She even like sports? That's gotta be torture when we play like that regardless.  God bless whoever it was that said their wife was watching the game on a tablet in a separate room by herself, only thing good about being angry at sports is being angry together. 

She likes football and that's it.  Though she'll watch plenty of the dumb Winter Olympics sports.  She hates baseball and basketball and golf.  I make compromises on them.  I don't watch much baseball any more.  The game is too long and it's every day and, strangely enough, she wants to spend time with me.  I only watch it now when she's doing something else or I'm with my father in law and we constitute a veto majority.  TBH, I don't get how anyone watches baseball regularly.  All the damn day games on weekdays and a five hours product...  It's a game designed for nursing homes and kids on summer break.

I've been steadily teaching her the concepts and culture of football.  That's how I got her to enjoy watching it with me.  Also, I don't watch football the way I do basketball, and it makes it easier to be around me when I watch.  Football is more mentally stimulating for me than emotional.  I think years of watching college games purely to evaluate player talent has conditioned me to be detached about football.  I get and enjoy the sportsmanship of the game--shrug when your team doesn't execute, tip your cap when the other guys do.  Process disappointment quickly, and then move on and enjoy the rest of my Sundays.  It's nice.  I don't want to be angry about sports any more.  I am in a near constant state of anger because of the actions of one particular political party and that's all the anger I need.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I'm sure Ted has people that handles his social media. Which sucks because the replies are great.

A nice long thread of "fire Ernie" replies.  Beautiful.  What I need explained to me is why the local media still seems to support him.  The list of reasons to fire him is a mile long.  None of the other GMs from DC sports teams get this kind of support from the press.

@stevemcqueen1 kinda accepted not all my lady friends dig sports like I do either, schedule accordingly.  My last relationship was fine, she would read or do homework during games, jus glad to be around each other. 

Her kid was interesting, basketball I can deal with missing a game, but football is typically only 16 so Just Dance on Wii doesn't have override rights. Once she surrendered and accepted that was only way t be in same room as me for three hours, too, she started asking me why we can't cross the yellow line, which is tell her been trying to figure that out longer then she been alive.

I'd be fine my significant other not liking all the same sports or even sports teams i do.  As long my physosis regarding the redskins is understood and respected, i can get around the other ones thanks to dvr and bleacher report.

Sports is supposed to be a distraction, no matter how passionate i get, but i feel like anger is just too dangerous an emotion to attach to that.  Done damage and thrown ****, not anymore, i try to find other emotions instead to default to naturally, think i enjoy venting more then letting them put me in a place i have to literally calm down to be around people.  These teams don't care enough about me to give them that, id go to jail, not them.

Edited by Renegade7