Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I feel like I understand how to run the Wizards better than the people that are running. If you look at the bracket, you could clearly see that the seventh seed was the clearest path to the Finals this season. That game last night was very important and they messed it up badly. Plus, there's not another game until Saturday. Wall and Porter probably needed some burn in the first half. Build a comfortable lead and get them out of there.

It's crazy. I'm just a fan (Shoot, compared to most of y'all bammas, I'm a casual fan lol), not even getting paid for this, and I'm seeing easy fixes.

That tweet about that 18 bad losses, makes me sick. We win nine of those and we're a three seed getting ready to face Miami with Homecourt Advantage.

I'm sick of Ernie... Yeah, I have my problems with Scott Brooks, but he's at least good for something. What the heck has Ernie done in his career that I can call his calling card? Nothing. Dude is a bum... Playoffs start on Saturday and I'm as pissed off as I was at the end of last season. Smh... This team man. This city. :(

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Like 1

The Wiz had it all and just threw it away.

I think I would have made John available for that game.

He wouldn't have started but would have been a "break open in case of emergency" player.

On a brighter note....

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

That game last night was our whole ****ing season in a nutshell.  We lose to a team with a record below .500.  We overplayed a semi-injured Otto in the previous games where he was not available to us when we needed him last night.  We pussed out and didn't play Wall for any minutes when we needed it badly as a team.  Putting role players in positions where they are not likely to succeed.  Weird rotations and questionable substitutions.  Some dude you've never heard of going off for a career night.  Thinking defense is optional.  Hero ball.  Jacking up shots.   

And for everyone that suffered through some of those unexplainable awful losses during the season knowing that each game counts.  You were right.  If we had just won one of those games, we woudn't have needed that win last night.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

So is anyone planning to attend Game 3/4?

Def gonna be there game 3. Either we will need the help from a loud crowd or we will be rolling and about to complete a sweep. I wanna be there for either. 

• Like 2

Shoot, if that many of ya'll thinking about going to Game 3, I might too and try to link up with some of ya'll.  If ya'll buy tickets, put in here, and I'll see if I can get out of being on-call (that's not entirely in my control, so no promises).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Nets x2, Magic x2, Hawks x2, Knicks, Lakers.

Win those games, you win 51.

This is the Wizards under Ernie Grunfeld in a nutshell.

Some nights, you expect that the underdog will win and the better team will underperform. But when you have poorly constructed rosters every season, this is what happens.

One constant theme with Ernie is that the bench sucks and the big men underperform. This team hasn't drafted a productive PF/C in all of Ernie's tenure as GM.

Also the Raptors are not really that intimidating tbh. If we can game 1, we will control this series. The Raptors team is full of mental midgets.

Edited by No Excuses

I'm pissed that we underachieved our way into the hardest playoff path and likely farted our way out of a run to the conference finals.  But I'm excited to play the Raptors.  I so badly want to **** on their great season, where the talking heads spent a lot of time pretending they had a chance to do anything.  I wouldn't care if we got bounced by Cleveland in a short series in round 2, it would be worth it to crush the souls of Toronto.

You know their buttholes tightened up just a little bit last night when they saw it was us instead of Milwaukee or Miami in the first round.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is the Wizards under Ernie Grunfeld in a nutshell.

Some nights, you expect that the underdog will win and the better team will underperform. But when you have poorly constructed rosters every season, this is what happens.

One constant theme with Ernie is that the bench sucks and the big men underperform. This team hasn't drafted a productive PF/C in all of Ernie's tenure as GM.

Also the Raptors are not really that intimidating tbh. If we can game 1, we will control this series. The Raptors team is full of mental midgets.

I only listed half of the bad losses.  This team, if they play up to potential 75% of the time, easily wins 55 games. Zero excuse to be sitting at 43 wins.

SCOTT BROOKS HAS TO BE FIRED. Hot take: Randy Wittman was a better coach by a mile.

Randy "I'm not going to use future max contract player Otto for his first two years" Wittman.

Randy "****ed if I'm going to play Kelly Oubre" Wittman.

Randy "Funnel the offense to the elbows" Wittman.

Randy "Never met a journeyman 10 year vet I didn't like to play over a high draft pick" Wittman.

Randy "I can't figure out which way is right with this ****ing play board" Wittman.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Brooks is better, but its not at a supremely high level like you are suggesting.

I'm not saying Brooks is that good.  I'm saying Wittman was that bad.

• Like 4

Honestly if they get waxed by Toronto, I won't feel bad and I hope it stings. This roster is so full of itself for a franchise that has not won 50 games since the disco era. You have a hobbled Boston team waiting to be defeated, that you just beat. And you don't go for the 7th seed.

I'm not going to go on hot take mode on coaches and specific players, but they lost to a team that was trying to lose when they had a PERFECT matchup waiting in round 1. The makeup of this team is just...not proud of this group. Best case scenario is now getting swept by Cleveland in round 2. Not that interested in their playoff run at this point, I wanted hope of an ECF like last year but that's eroded.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

No, the Wizards did go for it. The Magic gave them the chance.

The Wizards just suck.

So embarrassing to watch. Everything to play for against a team with nothing to play for and you lose. Meanwhile their Verizon Center neighbors clinch the division and then with nothing to play for, beat a St. Louis team that was so desperate for a win to get into the playoffs.

That's the difference between the two organizations.

Accepted a R2 plateau for no reason at all.