Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Front court is a problem, but it falls well short of explaining the team defense.  The Hawks are garbage.  No NBA team needs great front court play to defend a B-squad intent on losing as many games as possible, and yet the Wizards couldn't keep them from running a layup drill.  That's not a talent problem, that's simply poor team defense. 

Whatever the reason, Brooks doesn't have these guys playing together. 

On 4/6/2018 at 6:35 AM, CrypticVillain said:

Watch it... You're a DC Sports fan. You know you wanna feel the pain. 

I fell asleep Friday evening watching my recording of the Cavs game before I realized we lost the Hawks game, too.  I'm glad I did, I don't like going to bed angry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They've won 14 in a row.  Super soft schedule over the second half.  But this has been an impressive season for them.  That team is deep and it's well coached.  They're probably going to hit a wall in the playoffs, but with homecourt, I can certainly see them advancing to at least the second round.  If they draw Miami, I think it could be similar to what happened in our series against Chicago the first time we made it.  Team of overachieving grinders matches up with a more talented and younger opponent that eventually wears them down in five or six.  And if they draw either Boston or us in the second, then they can probably win that series too, although I think we'd beat them.  If they draw Cleveland or Toronto, they'll probably go out in a short series.

Does it matter who we play in the first round?  Seriously?  I guess the Celtics are better than the Raptors, but still.

Has this team looked any better with Wall back?  This team won't win **** until they get a competent big man who can actually score, defend, and rebound.

• Thanks 1

It's certainly possible and not unlikely.  Bucks and Heat have one game left.  Bucks play the burning hot 76ers and the Heat play Toronto.  The Wizards play Boston at home, then close out the season against the at Orlando.  

We'd play the 76ers in the first round if that happened.  I wouldn't put money on the Wizards winning that series. Best case scenario is passing Miami but not the Bucks and getting Boston in the first round.  And winning.  Worst case would be playing Boston's B-team in the first round and losing.  That shame would linger.  

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Does it matter who we play in the first round?  Seriously?  I guess the Celtics are better than the Raptors, but still.

Has this team looked any better with Wall back?  This team won't win **** until they get a competent big man who can actually score, defend, and rebound.

Alex Len in the offseason? Not sure they'll have the money to make a move like that without some creative moves, or Ted paying tax. Neither of which I see happening.

Boston is going to be a tough out with or without Kyrie Irving.  That team is scrappy and they play defense every night.  That'd be a first one to 100 each game wins type of series.

The 76ers are incandescent right now but that's probably the most desirable first round match up.  Especially since they can't murder us with Embiid in the series.  They'll be tough too, because truth be told, they're deeper and more talented after we get past the top two to three guys on our roster.  But they're still at a point in their rebuild where we can dad dick them.

Our best player was injured or out for 9/10ths of the season.  Farting around at .500 was the inevitable outcome.  If the Cavs lost LeBron, Bucks lost Giannis, Pelicans lost Davis, Blazer lost Lillard, Pacers lost Oladipo, or the Spurs lost Aldridge, they would each be lottery teams.  I like our chances with Wall back against most potential match ups in the East.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Those kicks are dope!

That they are. 

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I didn't interpret it that way.

The only person (imo) who has thrown shade is Marcin Gortat.

That's why I posted it in here to make sure I'm not reading my own issues into it lol

Edit: replied to it. You posted it. I need less drugs. 

Edited by Llevron