Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nope.  Beating a ravaged Boston team means nothing.

We think we’re a real contender when healthy?  Let’s try our luck against the choking Raptors with all the pressure on them.

Oh please. This sounds like the Caps fans who beg for the Pens every year in the playoffs. It’s fake macho bs that always bites us in the ass. DC teams need the easiest possible path to a Conference Final. Sad that I can’t even say Finals, I have to say Conference Final because our teams are so unclutch. 

• Like 3

Yup we could have had Boston and most likely a 2nd round series. Toronto probably takes us in 6. I hope I’m wrong. I’m trying to be optimistic and think that we get healthy and motivated for the Playoffs but it’s hard. We looked bad the last 10-12 games. Not sure if we can just turn it on.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

omg, no, so even if we beat Toronto we'd get the Cavs next?

Yup getting the 7 seed had more advantages other than just playing Boson in the first round. But some people still claim they wanted the 8 seed and Toronto first still ?‍♂️ 

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

omg, no, so even if we beat Toronto we'd get the Cavs next?

I believe that's correct.

This was a must win game and we **** our pants and assured ourselves the most difficult possible playoff path.  They needed to play Wall and Otto to make sure they won tonight and they didn't.  They slept-walk their way through a game where they should have beat down a tanking opponent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I believe that's correct.

This was a must win game and we **** our pants and assured ourselves the most difficult possible playoff path.  They needed to play Wall and Otto to make sure they won tonight and they didn't.  They slept-walk their way through a game where they should have beat down a tanking opponent.

The Magic were 4-6 in their last 10.  That’s not tanking.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Magic were 4-6 in their last 10.  That’s not tanking.

They played Khem Birch, Shelvin Mack, and some dudes named Owundu, Purvis, and Artis big minutes tonight while sitting down Gordon and Vucevic early.  They were trying to tank.  They just ran into a gutless, unfocused Wizards team who didn't seem to care about playing basketball tonight.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you really in Richmond or are you Chris Miller in disguise?  They won 25 games, man, what's with the semantics?

Exactly.  Their winning % over their last 10 is ONE HUNDRED POINTS HIGHER than their season %.  The Magic weren’t tanking.

I wanted the Wiz to tank to avoid Bron.  They did.

I wanted Toronto because Wall v Lowry is a vastly better matchup for us than Brooks v Stevens.  I got it.

Whining time is over.  Prepare to ball, gentlemen.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I wanted the Wiz to tank to avoid Bron.  They did.

Only in the first.  Now they get him in the second if we advance.  We would have avoided LeBron until a potential ECF match up if they'd won last night.  There is no sugar-coating it, that was a horrible loss last night.  We went from having a pretty soft path to the ECF to the most difficult one possible.  And the team's heads are so far up their asses they don't even seem to realize it.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Only Gortat and Sessions had more points than shot attempts.  That's a special level of ugly.  

Wizards can't be anything but themselves, and this uneven squad is who they are.  We saw it all season. 

Frankly, they're not any good when Wall isn't out there being Wall.  And they flat out suck when Otto isn't out there either.