Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

40 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Randy "I can't figure out which way is right with this ****ing play board" Wittman.

Oh how soon we forget it seems...

Some of ya'll may be thinking of Playoff Randy, which as has been discussed, the situation is different when you know who your opponent is for 7 straight games.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm pissed that we underachieved our way into the hardest playoff path and likely farted our way out of a run to the conference finals.  But I'm excited to play the Raptors.  I so badly want to **** on their great season, where the talking heads spent a lot of time pretending they had a chance to do anything.  I wouldn't care if we got bounced by Cleveland in a short series in round 2, it would be worth it to crush the souls of Toronto.

You know their buttholes tightened up just a little bit last night when they saw it was us instead of Milwaukee or Miami in the first round.

I read their realgm board and it's funny how obsessed they are with us. 

Been that way for years actually.

They're arrogant as **** and at the same time you can tell there's a touch of apprehension.

• Like 1

If this were any other sport, I'd pick the Wizards to win because the Raptors are indeed mental midgets.  But in basketball the more talented team wins like 90% of the time. I just don't see this Wiz team winning 4/7 against anyone right now.

Raptors in 6.

One more thing about Wittman, I know you guys were mostly joking about him being better because we actually played defense under him, but that's a misdiagnosis of our issues on defense.  We absolutely sucked on defense during Wittman's final year.  Scott Brooks's installation of the switching system that the good teams in the West run was a positive reform towards modernization that has us defending the three point line a lot better.

The issue is a degradation in personnel, and we saw that it was the reason behind the defensive collapse in Randy's last year.  Going from Ariza to Porter is probably only a very slight downgrade, maybe not even a downgrade at all.  But going from Okafor and Nene to Gortat and Morris was a major downgrade in defensive capability.  Even going from 2015 Gortat to 2017 Gortat was a major downgrade because Gortat's defense has fallen off a cliff.  The only player in our frontcourt who isn't a trainwreck on defense is Mahinmi, and he can't stay on the floor because of injuries, foul trouble, and a lack of trust from the coaching staff that results in them preferring to play Gortat and/or going small with Keef at the 5 rather than play Mahinmi.

We're not going to get back playing top ten defense until Gortat is no longer in our rotation and Morris's role is reduced and the two of them are replaced with legitimately good defensive players.  Won't matter who the coach is.

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I read their realgm board and it's funny how obsessed they are with us. 

Been that way for years actually.

They're arrogant as **** and at the same time you can tell there's a touch of apprehension.

They are riding so high right now.  I don't know why I have so much schadenfruede for them in particular, but nothing short of a championship would make me happier than beating them.  There is just something about them.  Jerking each other off about all of the accomplishments they piled up during this impressive regular season.  Dwayne Casey probably going to win coach of the year and DeRozan and Lowry will get all these offseason accolades.  And I want them to realize that none of it makes a difference, and that John Wall and Bradley Beal are still their daddys.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But I'm excited to play the Raptors.

I was about to come here and say this... After that mini-rant, I got my thoughts about that bum in the front office, and now I'm ready to see playoff Wall, Beal, and Otto. Ready to see Oubre and Sato cook off the bench. Ready to see 'Keef give us full effort for the entirety of the game and to see my squad ball the hell out.

My co-worker was telling me how DeRozan is different, how something changed. It'll be just our luck that we're the team that helps catapult the Raptors to the Finals, but they're going to have to show me to shut me up. Until then, every time I hear about them, I'll think about 2015.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They are riding so high right now.  I don't know why I have so much schadenfruede for them in particular, but nothing short of a championship would make me happier than beating them.  There is just something about them.  Jerking each other off about all of the accomplishments they piled up during this impressive regular season.  Dwayne Casey probably going to win coach of the year and DeRozan and Lowry will get all these offseason accolades.  And I want them to realize that none of it makes a difference, and that John Wall and Bradley Beal are still their daddys.

This is exactly why I was hoping for this match up. I want to sweep them more than I want to do almost anything else. 

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is exactly why I was hoping for this match up. I want to sweep them more than I want to do almost anything else. 

We're not going to sweep them, we're not good enough to.  And I don't care if we do.  I just want to beat them...

... But if we did sweep them, they would NEVER live that shame down.  We would take up permanent residence in their collective psyche.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

“Game shape” Lawson coming off the bench with a chip on his shoulder sounds pretty damn sweet to me.

I'm expecting you to announce your candidacy for "King Wizards Homer" any day now : )  You on a roll, brother

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah.  And consequently they have a history of folding up in the playoffs.

Yep, I agree, I almost expect it versus us actually being better then them.

• Like 2