Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Actually Hayward and Porter were very similar as they were but a few members who increased stats across the board every year since being drafted. I haven't checked, but I think Otto did it again this year. Imo, Otto is special in that there is really only a few other players in the league that can do what he does. Joe Ingles comes close, but Otto is automatic from everywhere. 

That being said, Hayward was overrated. Utah runs through the tower. He literally locks down the entire defense alone. He's the best defensive player since early Dwight Howard. A rookie came in and took both Hayward and Hood's lunch money. 

39 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So is it a possiblity to trade Beal or Wall at all ? 

No possibility on Wall. And slim to none on Beal, no matter how bad they perform. They would have to take multiple dumps in shoes over the course of a season for it to even be remote. 

51 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Trading beal would not make us worse. If we replaced beal with a dominant big, we would be better than the current construction. 

The only bigs anyone would trade for Beal are far from dominant.  Besides the team would lose their only other player that can attack off the dribble.  I think teams need two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

The only bigs anyone would trade for Beal are far from dominant.  Besides the team would lose their only other player that can attack off the dribble.  I think teams need two.

Trey Burke could attack off the dribble. It's not as important as a big that can defend the paint. Our entire defense is built to funnel the guy into the paint for a contested layup. Except it ends up uncontested most of the time. Gortat gave Oubre **** last night for out-hustling him for a rebound off a missed free throw. One that only occurred because Boston got an easy offensive rebound in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

The 7 seed and possibly the 6 seed is right there for the taking. Milwaukee is getting blown out by 30.

Going to be tough.  Second night of a back to back on the road without Wall and Porter.  This team is not good enough to bank a win against a bad team with just Beal and the role players.

****ing Gortat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

They must really want Toronto 

They don't care.  Makes no sense.  This is a must-win game and there seems to be zero recognition that this is the case.  And TBH, the staff set the tone for this by resting Wall and Otto.

Wall needs to go and suit up and win this thing for us in the fourth.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They don't care.  Makes no sense.  This is a must-win game and there seems to be zero recognition that this is the case.  And TBH, the staff set the tone for this by resting Wall and Otto.

And driving me up a wall by not sitting Beal as well if they're going to do that.  You done with Scott yet?

Jodie Meeks having a really really nice game.  Doing the little things and making his shots.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

And driving me up a wall by not sitting Beal as well if they're going to do that.  You done with Scott yet?

I don't think about it.  He's not going anywhere.  His contract means he's here for the next few years.

But I'm going to call out his terrible decisions when I see them.  We could be doing better than Scott.  But this team is still a mom & pop and our front office believes he's the best we can do.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think about it.  He's not going anywhere.  His contract means he's here for the next few years.

But I'm going to call out his terrible decisions when I see them.  We could be doing better than Scott.  But this team is still a mom & pop and our front office believes he's the best we can do.

Feel you on that one.  I'm going to stay optimistic, but I'm not going to lie to myself either (Redskins all over again).