Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

I just don't understand how can you see things falling apart and not address it. I'm not blaming the players one bit. They balled out and their coach left them hanging. It's that simple. 

I'm going to blame Wall and Beal for sucking in the clutch again. You got max contracts, make some damn shots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Scott played well... But he should have sat after Lebron came in. 

He made open shots.  That's not nothing from a role player, but it's a low bar.  His defense and screen setting were atrocious, he was fouling all over the place, and he created absolutely nothing for anyone else on the court with him.

He has a purpose as a second line shotmaker, but he should not be playing big minutes with the starters over Oubre, Mahinmi, or Gortat (when he's playing well like tonight) and he should never, ever be playing crunch time minutes in close games unless the whole team is injured or he's truly unconscious and working on something like a 30 point game.

Tonight was a perfect example of Brooks's **** feel for game flow coaching.  Anyone in the world could see that Kelly was completely dialed in.  He was a fiend on defense and he was pulling off dunk contest dunks, including during stoppages.  But because Mike Scott hit three wide open shots in a row and has a body that somewhat vaguely resembles LeBron, he got to play the fourth quarter.  LeBron torched his ass and the offense quickly bogged down because he brings absolutely nothing to the table other than the ability to spot up and shoot or run iso post ups from 16 feet.  He can't even set a damn ball screen, much less screen anyone else open.  There were four better options to play than him.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Tonight was a perfect example of Brooks's **** feel for game flow coaching.  

So I just got back in the house around the time you posted this.  Should I watch this tomorrow when I get home since I have it on DVR, or have ya'll pretty much covered it for me? I just looked at the box score, did we really go all out and just get set of fire by LeBron again when it mattered?

Edited by Renegade7

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

So I just got back in the house around the time you posted this.  Should I watch this tomorrow when I get home since I have it on DVR, or have ya'll pretty much covered it for me? I just looked at the box score, did we really go all out and just get set of fire by LeBron again when it mattered?

Watch it... You're a DC Sports fan. You know you wanna feel the pain. 

• Like 1

Coaching loss.  It was like watching a clueless person wreck their car in slow motion.

Scott is a nice guy and he does a good job connecting with the players and developing them but the man has zero instinct for reading line ups and making mid-stream adjustments.  He just gets lost.

• Sad 1

Lost aint the word I dont even think hes trying. Its hard for me to come to grips with the fact that I actually would be an upgrade during the game but I honestly believe I would be. 

Like I dint understand why we couldn't create a shot for Otto as hot as he was. Why were we having such a hard time getting a bucket with all the scorers we have? Why wouldn't we just keep the ball out of Brons hands? Easy ****. Or at least easy to try. They didn't try any of it. 

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lost aint the word I dont even think hes trying. Its hard for me to come to grips with the fact that I actually would be an upgrade during the game but I honestly believe I would be. 

Like I dint understand why we couldn't create a shot for Otto as hot as he was. Why were we having such a hard time getting a bucket with all the scorers we have? Why wouldn't we just keep the ball out of Brons hands? Easy ****. Or at least easy to try. They didn't try any of it. 

Otto had a wide open baseline 3 with a 10 point lead at the 3 minute mark which likely would’ve cashed the game.

He missed it.

Otto checked out early in the third for Oubre and came back in at the five minute mark in the fourth.  During that span we went small with Keef at the C but we played Mike Scott for almost the entirety of Otto's absence and then for basically the rest of the fourth.  Otto was left on the bench too long.  The purpose of an early sub in the third is to play a guy most of the fourth. 

On top of that, when Otto came back in, Oubre checked out and his night was over.  Mike Scott's night should have ended there too, but instead he was left in for the rest of the fourth and LeBron ****ing torched him.  Any of our other rotation players except Meeks would have been a better option.  LeBron got an uncontested walk up three and four easy drives to the rim for layups in a row + Jeff Green got one too.  Mike Scott also missed a bunny layup and committed a decisive loose ball foul that gave Cleveland the lead for good.  He was a ****ing disaster down the stretch in the fourth and Scott Brooks just stood there with his ****ing dick in his hand whining about the calls.

LeBron licked his chops at the mismatch that Scott Brooks left in for him.  A ****ing 15 minutes a game back up gunner combo forward who can't rebound or play defense left to single guard him in crunch time with no rim protector.  ****ing brain dead coaching if I've ever seen it and it is THE reason we lost that game.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

So you ice him out? 

With Wall back everybody don’t eat. Wizards back to hero ball where Beal and Wall have to be the saviors. 

Actually, I have no idea if this is true. Didn’t watch or read much about the game, but it does seem the Wiz are a .500 team with Wall and a .600 team without him. Strangely, I don’t think that’s a Wall problem but a coaching one. 

Then again, I’m posting on sheer ignorance. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Otto was left on the bench too long.

It's so funny how you pointed this out during the game while we had the 10 point lead... Seemed like right after you said that, all hell broke loose.

Also, I see Wall is/was ****ing about the fouls calls. Screw that. You were up 16 with 6 minutes left. Foul calls were crazy, but they always are. Get over it.