Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

15 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

They donā€™t fight through picks at all. Pick and roll defense needs a ton of work

This is a poorly coached defense, and a poorly prepared defense. Ā Do you get the impression any Wizard knows what shot he wants the opposing player to take or which direction to force him? Ā I don't. Ā It's not just effort. Ā This team has beenĀ bad defensivelyĀ since Brooks got here. Ā I was hoping it was just because it was the first year under a new coach, but in year two all the same issues remain.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oooof. Ā We need Otto and Keef to be who we are. Ā Nobody in the league can win with the black hole at Forward we put out there tonight. Ā Jason is still banged up and Oubre should be ashamed of himself.

Ā 

Otto & Keef shouldn't be necessary to beat this bum ass team, without Bledsoe

Ā 

especially when we built a 22pt lead

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

What an embarrassing defensive effort. Late in the regular season last year it looked like Mahinmi was on the verge of getting it together prior to reinjuring himself, but now we're back to not getting much from him. I just hope that Keef and Otto can reenergize us when they return, and that Smith can get more in the flow of things.

1 minute ago, TheItalianStallion said:

What an embarrassing defensive effort. Late in the regular season last year it looked like Mahinmi was on the verge of getting it together prior to reinjuring himself, but now we're back to not getting much from him. I just hope that Keef and Otto can reenergize us when they return, and that Smith can get more in the flow of things.

Ā 

how did Mahinmi lose noticeable weight, but come back considerably slower?

Had to spend time with the lady after the 1st. How the hell do you blow a 20 point lead to the Suns at home?

Ā 

4-3 record and all three games we've blown double digit 2nd half leads. We are so close to being elite but we lack that killer instinct. If this team had Paul Pierce from a few years ago we're 7-0, 6-1 at the worst.

Warren had 40 points, and only 3 of them was from the perimeter. The interior defense is garbage. The goal of switching is to funnel the ball handler into the best interior presence, and we have none. Basically guys are being funneled directly into a layup/floater line.Ā 

Ā 

Frazier sucked again. I know he's more or less a Swiss Army knife, but Sato should take his pg spot yesterday.Ā 

We were missing two of our top scorers and defenders yesterday. As much as we should have punished this squad, Ill give them a break.Ā 

Ā 

Killer instinct is there in Wall, hes the guy that leads that stuff. He just cant make a damn shot. Dude had 4 and1's and he missed all the free throws. Made me sick. That was at home too. Smh.Ā 

• Like 1