Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Beal's shooting 24% from 3 in the first 5 games

obviously that won't last, but if that shot isn't falling, his value is drastically reduced

He's been getting to the line to compensate.  He's at 9 FTAs per game so far.  He's been filling it up despite cold shooting.  He needs to get his turnovers under control though.  Or start assisting more.

10 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wall always starts the season badly.

this year feels weird tho because of his talk about actually working out this offseason instead of rehabbing.

Its just weird.

That's what it is. I have hyped myself into thinking he was going to have his best start ever and I guess he's just not that player. Always plays his way into the game. 

I am slightly concerned that adding muscle has effected his speed more the he thought and hasn't been able to compensate for it yet. 

• Like 1

Brooks' one pass offense is a problem.  This is what I see from the wizards most of every game:

1- Player dribbles too much and then 

A - attempts a contested shot

B - passes it to a player that immediately shoots it.

This is not what modern day basketball is supposed to look like.  We are hyper reliant on the initial ball handler to create and that makes it much easier on opposing defenses, plus it explains why the bench has consistently struggled.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Brooks' one pass offense is a problem.  This is what I see from the wizards most of every game:

1- Player dribbles too much and then 

A - attempts a contested shot

B - passes it to a player that immediately shoots it.

This is not what modern day basketball is supposed to look like.  We are hyper reliant on the initial ball handler to create and that makes it much easier on opposing defenses, plus it explains why the bench has consistently struggled.  

is it me or are we not getting out in transition as much to start the year?

haven't looked at the numbers, but it feels like we've been in the halfcourt much more than I expected it this year.  getting killed on the offensive glass isn't helping, hard to run if you dont get the initial rebound

The GOAT couldn't finish that oop.  Still hasn't gotten his game legs back.

I'm watching a Kings stream and the Redskins game on TV.  The Redskins went on mute.  The Kings broadcast team is excellent.

They are cracking me up.  Just wonderfully deadpan.  They've seen a lot of bad basketball in their years.