Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I caught the last half of the game, this team just looks uninspired, not playing defense.  

It's still way early, but the Cavs had lost 4 straight coming in, I saw an article where one of the Wizards thought that the Wiz was the team to beat in the East right now and that it's there for the taking.  Well, ****ing step up and take it.  

And Kelly Oubre with some expletives on his jacket?  WTF?  One of the veterans or leaders on the team should have just been like, wtf are you doing?  That guy has turned into a better player than I thought he'd be but he seems like he'd probably fit in better with the Arenas-era Wizards where you could bring a gun into a locker room and threaten your teammates.  

• Like 1

So yeah this team was "suipposed to win the East" or "make the ECF" right now let me tell you they ain't doing that

They let a cold Cleveland team beat their ass 

Sad

Again you won't see anything change until this team becomes a FA destination for super teams. You want NBA championships you need to assemble super teams. Bring Boogie here. 

The bright side is that these guys can score.  The downside is that their team defense is a disorganized mess.  They aren't bad defensively because Gortat or Wall or anyone, what's happening isn't an individual problem.  They have more than enough talent to play at least respectable defense, so the issue is with preparation.  They need to find a team strategy that works and then buy in.  John Wall and Beal specifically have to buy in and demand everyone else does too.  

i love the confidence and the **** talk, I'm all about those things that make competition fun.  But I need to see John and Brad insist on more than effort and focus.  They need to play within a system, even if they think they can do better improvising, and hold everyone else accountable too.  They need to do this because Brooks can't bench them.  Everyone else on the team needs to be sat down when they are out of position on defense more than once in a short span.