Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thats great if we do a trade but we better not trade up by taking pieces we already have. Taking away one piece to fill another does nothing.

Only piece we have is PG and PG depth. Blatche is inefficient, Young is a RFA, McGee isn't bad but isn't great, Lewis is old.

my final mock:

6. Thompson

18. Hamilton

34. Parsons/BPA.

Say no to Jan.

I'd be cool with the above mentioned 3 way trade to get the third, as long as McGee isn't sacrificed. I'm coming around to a backcourt of Kanter at 4 and McGee at 5.

Typo?

I agree though. If we could somehow get Kanter, it will give the Wizards a lot of lineups to run with. Big, Small, Lengthy, etc.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2011/6/23/2239010/nba-draft-2011-washington-wizards-jan-vesely

-Bill Simmons says he would trade JaVale McGee and No. 6 for Derrick Williams and Anthony Randolph.

TRADE NO. 2: Washington trades Javale McGee (25 cents) and the no. 6 pick (30 cents) to Minnesota for its no. 2 pick (50 cents) and Anthony Randolph (dime). Final tally: Washington (60 cents); Minnesota (55 cents).

I guess this one depends on your feelings for McGee: Washington believes he's a 50-cent piece and reportedly turned down a variation of this deal; I think he's a quarter and would rather build around John Wall and Derrick Williams than John Wall, Javale McGee, and the Turkish Guy (or the Lithuanian Guy, or the Congolese Guy). Then again, I'm higher on Williams than most: he's a "modern" power forward, a scorer with an inside/outside game who only hurts you defensively on those rare nights when you're facing a low-post beast like Zach Randolph. We also know he doesn't shy away from big moments, as evidenced by his memorable March Madness run (that should count for something, right?). What am I getting with McGee other than someone who lands on SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays twice a week? Yeah, he can block shots, but so what? My buddy House (a huge Wizards fan) says of McGee, "He's the single most fundamentally unsound player I've ever had the displeasure of watching on a consistent basis. He's lost three out of every four plays on defense. His basketball IQ is the same as my son's basketball IQ, and my son doesn't turn one until next month." Sounds like the perfect fit with Michael Beasley! Too bad we'll never know because Washington overvalues McGee.

I agree 100%

per ESPN - cavs expected to take Valanciunas with the 4th. Kanter MIGHT just fall to us. That would be great, without having to give up 18

Utah might end up taking Kanter at 3, however if a PG they want is there at 6 I could see us swinging a deal after both picks are made.

I thought Utah was debating between Knight and Walker at 3?

Who knows, with all the misinformation being spread, but there are reports now that Utah might just snag Kanter for themselves. If they can't decide between the two though then I could see them moving down as one of the two will be there for sure at 6.

-Toronto has narrowed its choices to four -- Knight, Jonas Valanciunas, Bismack Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard.

-Timberwolves now are leaning toward Arizona’s Derrick Williams over Kentucky’s Enes Kanter of Turkey

-Jazz debating between Kanter and a PG

Edited by Popeman38

I'd rather trade McGee for the #2 straight up. I don't see why the #6 would have to be included. A starting center and a top ten pick just to move up 4 spots? Give them McGee and Kevin Seraphin for the 2.

because the only people in the basketball world who think McGee is currently a good player are people who are on this board. McGee is terrible on defense and provides very little offense. He has turned out to be a decent rebounder and has potential....that doesn't equal out to a #2 overall pick.

THERE IS ZERO WAY MCGEE IS TRADES FOR #2 W/O ADDING IN OTHER PICK(S)......I WANT TO SLAM MY HEAD AGAINST THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHENEVER I SEE PEOPLE BRING IT UP.....ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

It's like the people who think we can get a 3rd round pick for Haynesworthless.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 04:08 PM ----------

-Toronto has narrowed its choices to four -- Knight, Jonas Valanciunas, Bismack Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard.

-Timberwolves now are leaning toward Arizona’s Derrick Williams over Kentucky’s Enes Kanter of Turkey

-Jazz debating between Kanter and a PG

I predict Jazz take Kanter and then trade him to us for the PG we select for them....we will then obviously have to throw something else in the mix....hopefully just #18...but I doubt that would get it done.

Jazz are in the position to get their cake and eat it too....they are 100% PG all the way..just saying they have interest in Kanter so we will trade for him.