Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

OK, six picks left. We can still land one of these guys.

Chris Singleton

Markieff Morris

Kawhi Leonard

Marcus Morris

Tobias Harris

Jordan Hamilton

Tyler Honeycutt

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 08:49 PM ----------

Are you an NBA scout? None of us have a clue how this guy is going to project. With the pick we had, this is making the best of a bad situation. He complements J Wall perfectly. I'm not excited, but I'm willing to sit on my hands, because I (just like you) am not involved in the NBA scouting or decision making process and it would be foolish to pretend like I really know what I am talking about

you're right, but I'm just in a mood to share my thoughts about the draft. I've been coming here sharing my hopes about who we'd draft all along, and now that we've drafted, am I supposed to hush up? I'm not a scout, but I've done my own bit of research and it doesn't agree with the research EG has done. If Vesley becomes a star, then I will know I was wrong. But as of now, I'm not too high on him.

We need a shooter. Plain and simple.

Our Lineup projects as

Wall/Crawford

Young/Crawford

Lewis/Vesely/Booker

Blache/Booker/Vesely

McGee/Seraphim

My hope is that we draft Jordan Hamilton and Nolan Smith with the 18th and 34th picks so out depth chart looks like,probably will change depending on free agents/trades.

Wall/Smith

Young/Crawford

Lewis/Vesely/Hamilton

Blatche/Booker

McGee/Seraphin/N'Diaye

Bill Simmons take on Vesely:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6685883/the-nba-draft-lottery-player-guide

Jan Vesely

Height: 6-11

Weight: 230

Partizan Belgrade

Vesely is a gangly dunker who, due to the law of racial categorizations, has been compared to a host of other gangly white dudes, most notably Andrei Kirilenko and the erstwhile Nikoloz Tskitishvili. (In the great hall of sports clichés, has any basketball player been more "erstwhile" than Tskita? In baseball, the race will always be between Brien Taylor and Todd Van Poppel.) After watching hours of tape, we've determined that Vesely's game is actually a lot closer to Anthony Randolph's. He throws down one-handed hammer dunks, his NBA 2k12 Defensive Awareness rating should be in single digits, but when he calms down enough to figure out the ball is somewhere within the range of his 7-4 wingspan, he throws that **** into the stands. Or he fouls somebody. Passionately. Like Randolph, Vesely's outside shooting is a study in misplaced confidence. Last year, in limited minutes in the Euroleague, he shot 46 percent from beyond the arc and 46 percent from the free throw line.

That first number should only inspire confidence in Vesely — at no other point professionally has he come close to that mark.

CEILING: Anthony Randolph

FLOOR: Anthony Randolph

MOST TELLING STAT: Vesely might break the following record: "Most times the word 'fiery' is used to describe a European player.'" He screams, pounds his chest, daps his teammates and mad-dogs the camera. He does the Eddie House Slow-Trot after made 3s. He seems to genuinely care about winning, but his caring is so aimless that his coach will probably have to set him aside and ask him to care a little less. Or, at least, care differently. Actually, let's just go ahead and call him the Czech Anthony Randolph.

Sounds like a potential fan favorite.

Love the pick. And I love how a player that most have never even seeen is already hated. I'm at the Phonebooth right now. It was ****ing hilarious when we made the pick. A chorus of boos. Then they started showing highlight vids of his dunks and the boos turned into cheers. People see a skinny Euro and jump to conclusions.

Btw, who was it that said that Kawhi Leonard isn't a player you take in the lottery? And who got mocked for saying it? Yeah that's right mother****ers. One day you'll learn to listen to me. Wish he would've slipped to 18. Would have made it even more beautiful.