The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

PG: Wall / Crawford / Mack

SG: Young / Crawford / Mack

(nasty backcourt)

SF: Vesely / Singleton / Booker

PF: Blatche / Lewis / Booker / Seraphin

C: McGee / Seraphin

Not a bad FC but you've got to get another true 5 IMO as your backup. You need a guy who can give you 20 minutes a game. I don't feel comfortable with Javale as the only center on the roster. That's our project for FA / next year's class.

We're also banking on Vesely becoming a quality scorer at the 3. It could happen but his shooting is dubious right now. I want to see him play.

I love the toughness we're going to have on defense though. Singleton and Booker is a nasty pair of forwards on that side of the court and Wall and Crawford can be above average defenders. And then there is McGee. If he becomes the center of our line and the defender his potential says he can be then we'll be an elite defensive team than can lock down pretty much anyone. This draft gives us an answer for the Heat.

@JaValeMcGee34

JaVale McGee

get ready for the 1st triple oop in nba history.. wall to mcgee to vesley

2 hours ago via web

I swear, if he could be, McGee would want to be a PG. I'm usually not in favor of Flip yanking him but I ****ing hate when he tries to lead fast breaks.

To the context of our needs, an A.

On the overall talent, a B.

Despite being an awful rebounder and FT shooter, I like Vesely. His weaknesses are correctable. You can't teach his athleticism.

Nor his length. His rebounding isn't as bad a weakness at the 3. The shooting will make or break him. The thing I like about Vesely is that he was one of the only scorers and athletes in this class. He actually fits the profile of a lottery pick (Anthony Randolph) when almost no one else did.

Word was he'd have been a high pick if he'd have come out last year too.

Singleton and Mack are nice, but if they were all we came out with everyone would be saying it was a C draft. Jan scares me, but I don't know enough. I've seen too many writeups about TOs, FF %, defensive liability etc. to get too excited. Considering we had the #6 pick, I really hope he lives up to his potential. If not, this draft is sort of a fail. If so, yay Wiz!

I really wanted Kanter.

I'm surprised Selby is still on the board.

Yes and no is how I am. Yes because when he's on his game he's one of the top guys in this draft. No because he was inconsistent and tried to take advantage of a draft that was weak and it has come back to hurt him same with Cory Joseph out of Texas

Warriors just got a very good players. Jenkins will be great player and teammate.

Yep just said it on twitter as well this is a good pick for the Warriors. I saw Charles as a late 1st rounder but this is great value for that team especially with Curry and Ellis already there, he can add scoring off the bench

Singleton and Mack are nice, but if they were all we came out with everyone would be saying it was a C draft.

At 6 and 18? Well yeah, because they'd have been big reaches. But if we'd only had 18 and 34 then it would have still been a good draft. They fit and fill needs and were solid value picks.

Look at how the rest of the lottery teams are drafting. Redundancies and reaches almost entirely across the board. We came out a lot better than most in this class.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 11:27 PM ----------

Yep just said it on twitter as well this is a good pick for the Warriors. I saw Charles as a late 1st rounder but this is great value for that team especially with Curry and Ellis already there, he can add scoring off the bench

Too many guards. They drafted Klay Thompson too. That's 4 shooters and no real PGs... Someone has to get traded. I'm not a big fan of the way they drafted.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 11:33 PM ----------

Where did Justin Harper get traded?

Justin Harper traded to Orlando. Poor ****. I can't root for him anymore because of McD5...

I love the guy from the Daily Dime's comment. "Harper getting traded to Orlando doesn't change anything... except for that 6 year 200 million contract he'll get."

Daniel Gibson's response: Hey that's MY 6 year 200 million dollar contract.