Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A little off topic and just a rumor at the moment but sources are saying that the reason LeBron is sucking right now is cuz Rashard Lewis smashed his girl

*logs on NBA shop and orders Lewis' jersey"

are you serious?

edit....did a google search...guess you are. Rashard is the man!

Edited by Gator Bait

I disagree....I definitely think he can be the 2 guard or the 3 on a winning bball team....depending on what happens in the draft and free agency....it is possible we will see that this year.

I could see chicago making an offer because they desperately need a scoring threat and their 2 guard does not score at all. I think he's not physical enough to hang with sf that attack the basket or guys like Melo and Durant.
you bring up a point that made me think of an interesting scenario though....I wonder if a contender would trade for Blatche at the deadline next year for scoring off the bench...

I've said this for a while. Blatche would be an absolute weapon off the bench. Scoring bigs are rare as it is. Relatively affordable scoring bigs are non-existent.

Bench scoring has been huge in this post season. If you don't have it you better have a "big three".

I've said this for a while. Blatche would be an absolute weapon off the bench. Scoring bigs are rare as it is. Relatively affordable scoring bigs are non-existent.

Bench scoring has been huge in this post season. If you don't have it you better have a "big three".

Blatche could be a weapon in many ways, but his head's gotta be in it. Like somebody said earlier, do you really think Blatche is going to take coming off the bench silently? This is the same guy who threw a temper tantrum when Flip said to play defense. I feel like Blatche doesn't want to be a part of a team. He's just about doing his own thing, and if that helps us win, then cool, but if not, he doesn't really care. I'd definitely like him coming off the bench instead of starting, but I'd definitely be shopping him around right now up til the trade deadline.

I don't know how good Blatche would be coming off the bench to be honest. He seems like a type of guy that's at his best when he can get a ton of minutes. He's never been an efficient player, his best #s are always put up when he gets to play a lot of minutes and take a lot of shots. Great bench players are usually spark plugs who can do a lot of things in a limited amount of time.

---------- Post added June-10th-2011 at 01:03 AM ----------

BTW, watching the Mavs play with three good guards has me thinking: I actually wouldn't mind taking Kemba Walker if he's there at 6. With Wall, Walker, and Crawford we'd have a lethal 3 guard set. Wall is tall for a PG too, so a Wall/Walker backcourt wouldn't be terrible defensively. Walker is a fierce competitor and winner. No he may not fill a direct "need" but hell when you win 20 games or whatever you need talent wherever you can get it.

Scout: Jan Vesely Won't Fail in NBA

A number of NBA scouts and execs saw Vesely shine Wednesday when he had 18 points and five rebounds in the game that gave Partizan the Serbian title. Vesely shot 7-for-9 from the field and, surprisingly, hit two of the three 3-pointers he took.

"He's as close to a sure thing as you'll get in Europe," one NBA scout remarked. "You factor in his size, athleticism and his production in Europe, and I don't see how he fails.

Leonard Continues to Rise Up Draft Boards

Kawhi Leonard continues his impressive rise up the draft board ranks, and his workout in Washington on Tuesday continued his ascent.

The 6-7 small forward out of San Diego State had a strong performance with the Wizards at the expense of Texas small forward Jordan Hamilton, this after playing well in his first workout in Charlotte on Sunday. He has scheduled workouts in Cleveland on Monday, Toronto (No. 5) on Wednesday, Sacramento on June 17 and Utah (No. 3 and No. 12) on June 19.

When Leonard was still undecided on his future during the Aztecs' run to the Sweet 16 in March, he was considered a mid- to late-first-round pick. His consistent shooting, ball handling and offensive awareness have helped his case, but it's his ability to defend multiple positions and rebound at a high level that has NBA executives deeming him one of the few prospects who could contribute immediately on most teams.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20110611#STORY_33491#ixzz1P0UR0QvK

Leonard's major positive IMO is that he's an ideal wing player off the bench immediately. Unlike most sg/sf wing players he should be able to defend driving sf's like Lebron, Marion, Butler as well as the perimeter wing players. That ability allows him to contribute while he develops his shooting game in the NBA.

Not sold on him at 6 because size is harder to come by than wings.... Havings said that high flying super athletic wings are where super stars are found.

Donatas Motiejunas working out in Treviso. Meaningless workout, but he's not doing himself any favors with how he's looking. Brick city. about 6 hours ago
Measurements just handed out here at the EuroCamp. Bismack Biyombo 6-8 w/out shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-4 standing reach, 245 lbs, 4.2% body fat about 7 hours ago
NBA exec: "People who liked Biyombo already won't change their opinion after this today. But those who were skeptical will be even more now" about 11 hours ago
Biyombo just shot more jumpers in this workout than he will in his entire career. And he missed most of them. Don't understand the strategy. about 12 hours ago
I think Bismack Biyombo would have been better off playing one game of 5 on 5 to truly show the impact he can make. He's not a 1 on 0 type. about 12 hours ago
Despite the bad hands, the lack of skills & general polish, you still can't teach the agility & explosiveness Bismack Biyombo's showing here about 12 hours ago
Two minutes in and you can already tell that Bismack Biyombo is not a "workout guy". Looks very nervous, airballing layups.Really struggling about 12 hours ago

http://www.draftexpress.com/twitter.php

Bismack Biyombo workout. The entire NBA world is here.

Wow, what the hell have I been missing? Get a new job, go unconscious for two weeks as I train and try to flip my internal clock from a 5-year-long school/work night schedule into a wake up at 6AM and sit in rush hour grown folk lifestyle and I come back and nbadraft.net has Enes Kanter going #1!!! overall. Yes, first overall. What the hell happened? I thought Irving was legit (not something I ever bought), Williams was a stud (not something I was ever sure of) and Kanter was a huge question mark (something I had actually come to be totally on board with.) Is this the widespread sentiment going around? Or just some more of nbadraft.net's overhyped/overrated/clueless bull****?

To BRAVE's post, Biyombo's bad hands are a concern to me. Thats one of those little things that I pay attention to. Should have been a huge warning sign with Kwame. I still like the guy but I don't think he should be an option at 6. Perhaps his bad workouts will drop him to 18. That's a dream scenario for me. And again, Vesely over Leonard all day.

Dream, realistic, not taking into account trades draft board:

6. Vesely

18. Biymobo

34. Tyler Honeycutt

So, someone please catch me up on the biggest and latest draft shockers and developments. In one paragraph or less please.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

[/color]BTW, watching the Mavs play with three good guards has me thinking: I actually wouldn't mind taking Kemba Walker if he's there at 6. With Wall, Walker, and Crawford we'd have a lethal 3 guard set. Wall is tall for a PG too, so a Wall/Walker backcourt wouldn't be terrible defensively. Walker is a fierce competitor and winner. No he may not fill a direct "need" but hell when you win 20 games or whatever you need talent wherever you can get it.

None of those 3 have a consistant J. I'd be happier with a guy like Klay Thompson at 18.

I still think people need to get off drafting a PG at 6. I can't express enough how horrible an idea I think that is. Especially not with these PG prospects. Not one is--in my opinion--anything close to s surefire, top notch, can't miss prospect.

If we draft a PG, we'll be golden state east. Entertaining perhaps, but not going to get many wins.

I really question coaches and players when prospects can't shoot at all. It's not asking a lot of a pro or prospective pro to shoot 100-200 shots a day with a shooting coach. If you do so there is no way you can't develop an under 10 foot jump shoot and hit layups consistently. If a 10 year old can do it I'm sure Biyombo can figure it out.

It's looks to me like too many coaches refuse to develop players at all anymore. They just focus on their strengths and piece a team together never bothering with doing the hard stuff that is in the best interest of the player. It's always about their own wins and losses even at the high school level.

Edited by Destino

Destino when its not required any more in the NBA and people looking at athleticism over anything else, theres a problem. There are tons of peoples who played in the early 90s who would never make the NBA now if it were based on athleticism

Posters from another message board

Discuss.

Ruzious wrote:

Another mythconception that Dallas has shown - they've completely crushed the idea that you can't play 2 PGs together. As long as they can play catch and shoot, there's no reason they can't work well together. Kidd's played with Barrea and Terry with lots of success. It's been very surprising to see Kidd defer most of the PG duties to Terry down the stretch - and Terry do a great job of running the offense. A lot of credit should go to Rick Carlisle for getting Terry to develop his game this late in his career - and to Kidd for putting his ego aside for the betterment of the team.

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Which is why I have no problem with the Wizards drafting Walker, Fredette, or Knight now.

I've rethought a few things. Jimmer's shooting ... hmmm. He's better than Barea. He's a jacker, but he'd be one heck of a scorer.

Actually, the player I really like is Charles Jenkins. He would be a great PG to play with Wall.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH