Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I have a different take on KD.. I think odds of him leaving and coming here are better if he wins a title first.. Only pimple in that process though is he probably won't leave right away and will stay until it ends, like Lebron did.. Doubt he'd of came here anyway though.. We looked like an up and coming team for a year or two, then Washington DC Sports happened, as usual.. :wacko:

Westbrook is too good for KD to leave. You just don't leave a team where your partner is the third best player in the league and the two of you can go down as one of the greatest tandems in NBA history.

If Westbrook hadn't made this incredible leap, then KD leaving was probably much more of a possibility. But he has. It's unlikely Wall will ever be as good as Westbrook is right now.

We have to set our sights on stealing someone lower. It needs to be someone who is from Wall's same career window and who is on his level. Paul George and Boogie Cousins are the two best names I can think of. They're from the same class as Wall and I think they're close with him. All three of them are in frustrating one star situations that are basically dead end teams. I could see maybe two of them teaming up once they hit free agency together. Hopefully it's one of them coming to play with Wall in DC and not Wall leaving us to meet up with one of them elsewhere. That would pretty much destroy any chance of the Wizards becoming relevant within the next decade.

I'm not giving up assets for a player like Cousins. His attitude is always going to be an issue.

We have a fantastic player's coach in Brooks and Wall on the roster.  If Boogie is going to succeed anywhere with minimal outbursts, DC makes a lot of sense. 

With the Thunder rolling right now and the most likely favorites (as of today) to get to AND win the title, KD's chances of coming to DC are about as close to 0% as you can get. 

That being said, this franchise needs a viable plan B.  We can't waste any more of Wall's prime years and I'm all for bringing in someone like Demarcus Cousins because we'd have a killer 1-2 punch in him and Wall.  If that means giving up someone like Beal/Oubre/Porter, so be it. 

Might get a few laughs at this, but if Beal is part of some package to Sacramento for Cousins, Ben McLemore needs to be coming to DC as well. 

• Like 2

Cousins is way better than Beal right now. But Cousins terrifies me. Deep down, I think he's a loser. He just can't stop ****ing up. I couldn't bring myself to bet it all on him and I don't think I would ever truly trust him. I'd probably rather just hold tight and see if Paul George becomes available, or maybe go after Cousins in free agency where we don't have to sacrifice anything for him, and could walk away from him if need be.

Tracy McGrady doesn't think Bradley Beal is a max player, apparently forgot how his first free agency went

rocketsoy0_medium.gif

Cousins is way better than Beal right now. But Cousins terrifies me. Deep down, I think he's a loser. He just can't stop ****ing up. I couldn't bring myself to bet it all on him and I don't think I would ever truly trust him. I'd probably rather just hold tight and see if Paul George becomes available, or maybe go after Cousins in free agency where we don't have to sacrifice anything for him, and could walk away from him if need be.

This team CLEARLY needs another superstar to pair with Wall. 

Who exactly do we fill the roster with if we're waiting for guys like Boogie to hit FA? 

Paul George would be awesome, but would Indy give him up? 

Yeah we need another star. We're stuck and none of our options are good. But I just don't like the idea of going all in on Cousins. If we hold off on him, we can at least keep our options open to wait and see if someone better unexpectedly becomes available. The league landscape is mercurial. But one constant is that if a guy's a loser, he'll probably stay that way.

I doubt Indy would trade Paul George right now. He seems happy there. But maybe if they suffer through a frustrating season and it's looking like they need to hit the reset button, Beal + Porter could interest them? Beal and Porter would both need to take pretty big steps forward though.

The more articles I read (like today's in the Post) that say the Wizards have no choice, but to give Beal a max contract even if he doesn't warrant one... the more I think we should pass. Maybe that means that Wall's tenure comes to little here, but do we want to be anchored to Beal for so many years at max money if he's only a good producer and oft injured?

The more articles I read (like today's in the Post) that say the Wizards have no choice, but to give Beal a max contract even if he doesn't warrant one... the more I think we should pass. Maybe that means that Wall's tenure comes to little here, but do we want to be anchored to Beal for so many years at max money if he's only a good producer and oft injured?

So, who's your replacement? 

I wouldn't trip over Beal getting the max.  Even with his injuries, I think it's a good gamble.