Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm pretty sure I've spent the last 7(+?) years ****ting on EG and Witt here.... Anyways, I just think this isn't a bad move even if it is but a blip in a career of suck. This might be the only move he's made that I agreed with now that I think about it.

I will probably grab my pitchfork outta the closet after I hear what plan B turns into.

Morris played really well down the stretch.  He brings a lot to the table and it's going to be fun to see what he can do playing w/ Wall for a full season. 

• Like 1

Don't see why the NBA would choose to fix it for the 6ers instead of LAL and BOS who both aremore important franchises to the lague and also have high percentage to win it randomly.

They probably already do the drawing way before the unveiling and Mutombo just had inside info he wasn't supposed to make public.

I will never understand this train of thought

there are ALWAYS gems to be found in a draft. who needs cheap, young, controllable talent?

At the moment I'm not concerned with cheap and controllable talent.

We need players that are ready to contribute immediately.

The clock on the John Wall era is ticking....

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Cheap, controllable?

We need players that are ready to contribute immediately.

The clock on the John Wall era is ticking....

thats kinda what free agency is for, doesn't mean you have to disregard the draft

neglecting the draft is why we've had pretty ****ty depth the last couple of seasons

• Like 1

thats kinda what free agency is for, doesn't mean you have to disregard the draft

neglecting the draft is why we've had pretty ****ty depth the last couple of seasons

It's not like I'm thrilled....I'm just not really upset about the outcome.

Yeah, I'm borrowing from EG but Morris really is our first round pick.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we acquire a 2nd rounder at some point.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I was startled when I found out they weren't drafting (yes I barely follow NBA) but you NEED good young talent regardless of weak draft or not. How are we going to improve this team then.

Ernie has beaten this line of thinking out of this fan base. 

The Wizards depth sucks because they don't make good use of cheap, young talent in role playing spots. Ernie bungles the draft by either trading picks for veterans or by drafting busts. 

We then wonder why this team looks like horses ass when its hit by injuries. When you constantly overpay for mediocre talent because you can't draft, you spread the roster thin, make it top heavy and prone to injury-caused struggling.

I'm saddened to read the EG defense for the Morris trade in here. It's the incremental addition of idiotic moves like that one that have left this team with best case scenarios of 42~ wins and early playoff exits.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 6

Yeah we need young cheap bigs in particular. Steven Adams has become a key contributor for OKC in the heart of the prime years for Durant and Westbrook. Those two were picked in 07 and 08. Adams was picked 6 years later in 2013. He was the 12th overall pick in a horrible draft class.

Going into Wall's 6th year, we're picking 13th in what's supposed to be a bad draft class. OKC got big value from their draft when they were in almost the exact same position that we're in right now.

Folks, it can be done.