Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Mike D'Antoni and Scotty Brooks, new to Houston and Washington, have been recruiting Kalamian hard, with Dwane Casey determined to keep him

Assistant Coach Buzz: Rockets still making hard push to try to hire James Harden favorite Rex Kalamian away from Toronto ... as are Wizards

U know those questions about Scott Brooks? How much of it was him, how much of it was what's btw the ears of his players? #OKCvsGSW

Tomas #Satoransky highlights (21 pts, 5 threes, 7 dimes) in Spanish league QF game vs Fuenlabrada:

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/leonsis-content-long-wait-tomas-satoransky

LEONSIS CONTENT WITH LONG WAIT FOR TOMAS SATORANSKY

Four years ago, the Wizards used a second-round pick on Tomas Satoransky who is in the mix to finally join them. Majority owner Ted Leonsis is pleased where things stand with the combo guard's developement as he has remained in Europe.

“It’s exactly what guys like you say we should do, right? We should use the second-round pick, take a player, stick him in Europe, let them develop and when they’re ready, bring them over,” Leonsis said. “The question is, is he ready? Our basketball people and coach will decide but that was part of a plan. That is an asset maybe we can bring over and he can add a lot of value to the team.”

Vice president of basketball operations Tommy Sheppard has kept tabs on Satoransky, who could immediately slot in behind John Wall and Bradley Beal because no other guards are under contract for 2016-17.

Wall had surgeries on both knees a month ago and might not be at full-strength to begin the season so this could be the best opportunity for Satoransky who recently signed a contract with Barcelona but can be bought out of his deal by Washington, to play.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

George is not leaving Indiana any time soon. Wall just came off a playoff-less year while watching a team he sweeped a year prior make it to the conference finals. Another poor year, specifically without effort from the organization would spell doom for his time left here.

George is still under contract for a while I believe and there is no way the Pacers trade him.

Our best shot is Cousins to be honest. He's a bit of a psycopath but you just don't find Cs like him nowadays. I'd trade Beal for him in a heartbeat if not more. I think Wall can get him to behave.

I would have very mixed feelings about Beal making Team USA.

Pros:

- It could be good for him and his brand to get that kind of exposure

- I'd be happy for him to achieve what is probably a life long goal.

- It'd be at least some small source of pride for Wizards fans.

- It's been good for a lot of young players in the past to get the chance to play with the league's best players for a few weeks. Westbrook, Curry, Love, and Rose all took major steps forward as players after the WC in 2010.

- I think he could actually help Team USA, coming off the bench as a three point shooter.

Cons:

- It'd be an utter disaster if he got hurt during the course of play. There is no question the event puts a lot of stress on the bodies of the players. Paul George lost a year of his prime because of it, and his team ultimately got broken up. Durant's foot injuries became acute. Beal doesn't need to be tempting fate.

- It'd be an insult to see Beal make the team and not John. John has been so much more deserving of a spot on that roster than a lot of other players who've made it, especially Beal.

They made it sound like it was just a couple of joints in a backpack. Four ounces of weed is a fat ****ing sack. You're a drug dealer if you can forget about holding that much weed. What kind of goddamn moron brings that to an airport?

If that was his bag, Keef is dumb. He is a flat out stupid person. I'm going to be worried about him for the duration of his contract.

They made it sound like it was just a couple of joints in a backpack. Four ounces of weed is a fat ****ing sack. You're a drug dealer if you can forget about holding that much weed. What kind of goddamn moron brings that to an airport?

If that was his bag, Keef is dumb. He is a flat out stupid person. I'm going to be worried about him for the duration of his contract.

I've visited Amsterdam and I was worried that I would leave a half used joint in my bookbag.

Four ounces of weed is simply moronic. Next level stupid kind of stuff.