Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm enjoying how ESPN and others are all writing off what the wizards did by saying "yeah but it was the raptors". Go and look at the predictions prior to the series. Vast majority had the raptors winning.

But they got crushed and it must be because we knew all along they were horrible. Right.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12704512/first-round-predictions-eastern-conference

Shouldn't we not worry about the opponent and hope the players continue to grow into their own brand of playoff basketball?

Look at the Raptor-Wizards series... we "wanted" Chicago, they wanted us.

Whoever we play it will be hard fought... even most of the Rd 1 games were hard foight

Horford is sucking really bad this series. He's shooting terrible. A lot of the Hawks success depends on his and Milsap's ability to space the floor. 

Apparently he has a broken pinky in his shooting hand which has thrown of his shot completely. And Brook Lopez is completely dominating him on offense.

We will have size on the Hawks. If Horford can't space the floor, then we have a major advantage against them.

Edited by No Excuses

per the belcherreport.crap:..."the Cavs' most likely Eastern Conference Finals opponent looks to be the Washington Wizards. John Wall has a resilient crew, but the Wizards aren't ready to take on the best player in the world with a shot at his fifth straight NBA Finals."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2446378-nba-playoffs-2015-latest-postseason-standings-championship-bracket-predictions

It's going to be Atlanta.  I've got a weird mix of confidence and dread going into that series.  We were clearly playing better basketball than them in the first round.  But you see enough resiliency there in Atlanta's team that it makes you afraid they could flip the switch and remember they're the one seed, much like Indy did last year.

Atlanta just has that feel of one of those teams that wins a lot of regular season games but doesn't play as well in the playoffs. I don't really get an Indiana like vibe from them because Indiana had a superstar in Paul George and was the #1 seed the year before.

I think we can bounce Atlanta. They just don't scare me.