Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah, he's been tearing it up over in Europe.  If we can get him to come over, that would be a MAJOR boost to the roster, and the team can focus it's draft needs on a stretch 4...or just Nene's successor in general. 

I like Trey Lyles for our draft pick this year.  See some Patrick Patterson in him.  Maybe even a little Otto Porter in terms of the offensive skill level.  I would consider moving up a couple spots in the draft to get him.

I like Trey Lyles for our draft pick this year.  See some Patrick Patterson in him.  Maybe even a little Otto Porter in terms of the offensive skill level.  I would consider moving up a couple spots in the draft to get him.

Lyles shot 14% from the 3 pt line last season....he's a guy I'd look to avoid to be honest. Especially if Portis and Looney are still on the board. We actually need a S4 prospect with proven 3 pt range. I don't see him drastically improving his 3 pt range, at least I see no evidence saying he may. 

As for Sato, I thought he wanted to come over the season we signed Maynor, but he didn't cause we didn't want to give him a guaranteed roster spot....Sure gotta love that Maynor signing. Worst player I've ever seen in a wiz uniform. 

The mismanagement of Otto Porter was the last straw with Randy for me. It was the dark cloud over our last two seasons and had me grinding my teeth in frustration. I still can't believe Randy couldn't see how absolutely essential it was for the franchise that Otto worked out. He is so friggin small minded.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.com/2015/04/24/randy-wittman-passive-aggressive-pixels?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The head coach of the Washington Wizards now holds an all time NBA playoff record. All time.

Randy has prepared the team well for playoff basketball and has won 7 of his first 8 road games. The best start to a playoff career of any coach in NBA history.

You would never know that though reading some of the media and blogs. It goes against a narrative.

As of right now - the Wizards sit at 2 and 0 for this series as well.

Too bad there isn't a record for all time passive - aggressive pixels for a writer being generated. Grantland - cough - cough. Click. Cough.

Wittman about to get that lifetime extension :(

Beal said he was at the Caps game last night. "There’s nothing like the playoffs and I love this city because they support all their teams."

Pierce said he's playing at 225 pounds, the lightest he's been since college. "I got to stay off the Roscoe’s 'til the summer."

Pierce on Wall: "Top to bottom, he’s the best PG. You talk abt Steph Curry, the amazing things he’s done...but I just look at overall game."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dude sucks for literally 5 months, and then wins two games: " See, i told you so! "

Feels bad man...

You'd think he'd be smart enough to wait until the series is over at least. Everyone seems to be acting like it's over a bit too early.