Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Didn't Webster have his best year ever his contract year too? Also, I have to wonder what Ariza is going to want.

I don't know Ariza's market either. At first I was thinking MLE offers and we could beat them by going 6 million per year. But now I have no idea. It could be a lot more than that. Ariza has become one of the most productive 3 & D wings in the league this season.

I worry about the contract year factor too. And I think Webster would be more productive if he started like last year, and didn't have the back injury.

But right now, Ariza's 3 ball has become elite and his defense is better than Webster's and he's got a cleaner injury history. If it were just a choice between the two, you'd prefer Ariza.

Is Ariza at 8 million a year for three or four years too much?

What if you can trade Webster for Ersan Ilyasova?

Or would it be better to let Ariza walk and use those savings to bring in Patrick Patterson and a backup C, and start Webster?

As a fan, I also like Webster. I'd be sad to trade him.

I didn't feel like our half court offense flowed well last night but it didn't really need too vs. this team.  Gortat is logging major minutes.  It's nice to see him responding to it so well.  Ariza scores 25 a night like it's no big deal.  Gotta get another W Saturday night.    

I didn't feel like our half court offense flowed well last night but it didn't really need too vs. this team. Gortat is logging major minutes. It's nice to see him responding to it so well. Ariza scores 25 a night like it's no big deal. Gotta get another W Saturday night.

Got to finish the season strong. We've gained no ground on the Bulls Raptors but the Nets did gain ground on the Wizards. All four have a schedule that is relatively easy. Wizards could really use a nice long winning streak.

There is a month and a half left in the season. That's a long time. Brooklyn and Chicago will slow down at some point because they're not actually very good teams...

All we have to worry about is winning the games that we should win. If we do that, we'll win 45+ games. Indy was the 3 seed last season with like 48 or 49 wins. The conference is supposed to be worse this year right? If we win 45+, we'll be at least a five seed.

~45.7 million in cap commitments:

13.7 - Wall

13 - Nene

5.4 - Webster

4.6 - Miller

4.5 - Beal

4.5 - Porter

PG - 2

SG - 1

SF - 2

PF - 1

C - 0

#1 - Resign Gortat for ? 10+ million per?

#2 - Figure out what to do with Ariza

#3 - Find a back up C

#4 - Find another guard.

It's going to be hard to afford Ariza but we can do it in theory. We'll be well over the cap and we'll start getting close to the luxury tax line and only have like 9 players signed.

• Like 2

He's a dream 3 in DC. He's a piece of the puzzle. It would be a direct slap in the face of John Wall to let this guy get away. He's only 28. That's man in this league. Even a slight drop off after a contract year is more than we thought we were getting from Ariza. Offense, defense, three-point...ense.

Like I've said before, I claim no GM savvy but I know good basketball when I see it. I hope he wants to be here.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

~45.7 million in cap commitments:

13.7 - Wall

13 - Nene

5.4 - Webster

4.6 - Miller

4.5 - Beal

4.5 - Porter

PG - 2

SG - 1

SF - 2

PF - 1

C - 0

#1 - Resign Gortat for ? 10+ million per?

#2 - Figure out what to do with Ariza

#3 - Find a back up C

#4 - Find another guard.

It's going to be hard to afford Ariza but we can do it in theory. We'll be well over the cap and we'll start getting close to the luxury tax line and only have like 9 players signed.

Who is the backup PF?

Gortat or Ariza? I don't think I've seen that discussed/answered (by most) yet. Which one would you pick to resign? Gortat or Ariza?

Marcin. Only for the fact that he believes. I love Trevor but I know Marcin loves me. 

• Like 2

Gortat or Ariza? I don't think I've seen that discussed/answered (by most) yet. Which one would you pick to resign? Gortat or Ariza?

Gortat. Centers are hard to come by (as every wizard fan knows all too well)

Trevor Booker was confronted with Deadspin's horrible list of best cereals by Dan Steinberg. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/03/05/trevor-booker-on-deadspins-list-of-top-cereals/

Edited by Destino