Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Of course nothing can be proven. But they made it clear at the Olympics they were talking and hinted at something. Its hard to imagine how quickly everything lined up for all them with their contracts less than what they'd each get splitting between different teams. So, do I think they had an agreement in secret before they were available free agents with Miami? On some level, yes. Cap was being created. The dog and pony show for the decision was going on. That is collusion by definition.

definition

col·lu·sion: secret cooperation for an illegal or dishonest purpose

What they did is not collusion. They honored their contracts and then left. Im also skeptical of this olympics theory too (I used to believe it). Bron tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland.

There was no collusion. THey may have wanted to play together, but its not collusion. Nothing was illegal or dishonest.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Ok, I said I thought they had an agreement in secret (meaning they instructed their agents and worked with Miami in secret) before their contracts were up. Then you posted the definition which doesn't say anything different here. They couldn't sign anything before hand. That wouldn't have been accepted officially by the league. Miami knew what they had to do beforehand to make it happen quickly enough. They knew what they players "wanted".

Sorry, I still think what they did was colluded. 

The issue of "illegal" or "dishonest" has to do with their players association and the league and why I said nothing would be proven. Nobody is going to say "Yeah, Bosh instructed me to talk off the record with Miami when the season was still going on...."

If they agreed to take less than what the market was offering them so they could all be together for an easier path for a title, is that very different than all the teams agreeing to not spend more than $10mil below their cap so they all could make an extra $10mil in profit? The players would scream collusion and they'd be right.

I'll say this and let it go since I hate seeing folks hijack threads and feel like I'm kind of doing that. I think in all major sports there are under the table talks and **** like we saw with the Redskins and Haynesworth signing a massive deal right when FA started. What I do believe personally is that James, Bosh, Wade and the Heat took this to a new level and began working on something while two of the other guys were still playing for the other teams. Now, that's just me. But I believe that in a league where you only put out 5 guys at a time, and there aren't consistent shifts in who is playing....the NBA is where it would happen. The league (and all leagues) are already shady to a point. This was just a new high...again "to me"

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

Ariza was abominable tonight. Just an utter negative on both ends of the floor. Sucked on D. Couldn't hit anything. Made poor decisions with the ball. And was a disaster whenever he dribbled. Gortat was mostly bad. Booker was invisible. Beal was pretty bad overall too, but at least he was pretty aggressive. Harrington was probably a net negative. Miller gave up what he got on D.

Gooden and Martell played well. Wall started off strong but he didn't get the rest of the team involved like he needed to and he had a bit of a meltdown in the second half.

Watching games like this are the worst.

We're going to finish with the 6 seed. But by then we'll have Nene back. We can take Chicago or Toronto in the first round. Would have been nice to get the 3 or 4 seed but oh well. We're better on the road anyway. Watch out for the Nets they're on a roll. They're a dangerous playoff team. I wouldn't want to play them. Face Chicago or Toronto in the first round and I like our chances.

I take back what I said earlier about the upcoming Chicago game being the most important remaining on our schedule; that honor now lies with Saturday's game vs Brooklyn, with the runners up being the 2 remaining games against Charlotte. Brooklyn has solidified themselves as being in the 2nd tier of the east, right up there with us, Chicago, and Toronto. We did beat Brooklyn twice earlier but that was with Nene owning Garnett.

Tough loss tonight but oh well, Wittman & Ernie may get fired yet.

Well that one hurt. I like Kemba Walker and Al Jefferson had a great game. The Cats clamped down defensively in the 4th quarter and that was the story.

I swear we have no low post game with Nene out. Way too much settling for outside shots. No one takes it to the rack and puts foul pressure on the other team. This is where it hurts to be so poorly coached. If I am noticing this why isn't our ****ing coaching staff?

Brooklyn gonna blow us out.

They and the Pacers are the only teams that can beat the Heat in the East, and Nets are peaking.

Jefferson is redonkulous in the post.

yeah, I remember watching him in the Jordan Classic back in 2004 against Dwight at Comcast Center. He has post moves for days. If he played any defense, he'd be a franchise player because he can score at will.

The issue of "illegal" or "dishonest" has to do with their players association and the league and why I said nothing would be proven. Nobody is going to say "Yeah, Bosh instructed me to talk off the record with Miami when the season was still going on...."

explain what was dishonest or illegal? What did those 3 do that was dishonest or illegal.

Lets say they had an agreement from 2008 and decided to do that, how was that dishonest or illegal? Was there a contract?