Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't know what happened this game. All I know is that we were down 4 with like 40 seconds left and I get in the house and see we are up 6 in OT with 8 seconds left. Can somebody let me know what the heck happened. 

Down by 4, Wall hit a huge three as the shot clock was running out. Got a stop on defense, but turned the ball over after that. They had a break away with Beal trailing and he pinned the layup off the glass. Wall gathered in and pushed it up the court, found Ariza in the corner and hit the three.

• Like 1

Randy's gameplan:

1.) ????

2.) Wall goes nuts or Ariza makes every shot,

3.) Win.

Anybody else worried that because the Caps seem to be in disarray (not a hockey guy, so forgive me if I'm off base) that Ted might not want or be capable of firing two Coach/GM combos in the same off season?

Part of me fears that if Ted fires the Caps coach & gm he might punt on doing whats necessary to Wittman and Grunfeld.

Down by 4, Wall hit a huge three as the shot clock was running out. Got a stop on defense, but turned the ball over after that. They had a break away with Beal trailing and he pinned the layup off the glass. Wall gathered in and pushed it up the court, found Ariza in the corner and hit the three.

Dang. 

Is that how Beal got injured? I heard Buc say he got carried off.

Dang. 

No, It was a possession or two after Ariza's three. Oladipo drove the lane on him, Brad played great defense, but when he came down he rolled his ankle pretty bad.

Man, Beal got injured. lol You gotta be kidding me man.

It's the dark cloud hovering over what should have been an exciting win. In one half of my brain I was enjoying what Wall did, excited for him. In the other I'm depressed about what happened to Beal, and how it's going to be brutal just trying to cling to the 6th seed now.

Hope and pray its not a major injury. Being without Beal and Nene down the stretch could sink us to the 7 or 8 seed.

It looked really bad. Maybe a 20 year old can bounce back quick, but I'm not optimistic about this one.

We're going to have to figure something out if/when he misses time. Webster starting at SG. Miller and Ariza are going to have to play a bunch of SG minutes too most likely.

At least Porter will probably finally get some run. Hell of a way to use a #3 pick.

Dang. 

It looked like he stepped on Oladipo's foot when he came down. He crumpled and didn't even come close to getting up. We had to sprint up court for the time out because everyone on the floor knew immediately he wasn't getting back up. You could tell he was in legit pain. My guess is that, best case scenario, it was a fairly serious high ankle sprain.

Not surprised, Beal has been as fragile as old man Nene despite being 20 years old. That last block of his did a lot to mask a pretty terrible defensive game by him. He struggles with screens to the point where his man scores entirely too easily and too often.

I'm glad Wall showed up and continues to look like a star. This game shouldn't have been this hard but the NBA is like that.

Edited by Destino