Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Man that foul call that led to Kemba Walker shooting 4 FTs was an awful blown call. I don't think Wall even made any contact at all.

Those refs sucked and that sequence effectively ended the dwindling chance we still had at winning.

Why does awful officiating keep going against us? The universe owes us off of that BS Houston game alone.

really? Gotta say this one last time? I believe (me personally) that the agents/representatives for those players worked with the Heat and each other while those other players were under contract with other teams. BEFORE FA opened. But well beforehand to make sure they could all make the numbers fit together so quickly and also be able to have enough room to put enough bodies on the court.

Again...final time. Its what I believe happened in this situation. I know some writers have felt the same and others feel its crazy. I think something like that happened in this situation.

Q: Do you remember Otto Porter? I’m generally concerned because he was drafted third overall. Is he still alive?!

—Danny D., Philly

SG: He’s actually still alive. I Googled it and everything. He’s played a whopping 254 minutes this season! Since 1990, only three top-three picks have played less than 500 minutes as rookies: Greg Oden (missed the year because of knee surgery), Darko Milicic (played 159 minutes for Detroit) and Otto Porter. To put that in perspective, Kwame Brown, Pervis Ellison and Hasheem Thabeet all passed the 800-minute mark as rookies. Even Anthony Bennett played 647 minutes before recently going down with a knee (h/t Al Michaels). On the other hand, anytime you can spend the third overall pick on a third-string small forward, you have to do it. I ask you again: Why do we insist on enabling dumb teams?

Good lord.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-bag-the-phil-jackson-to-the-knicks-theory/

Edited by Duckus

It's meaningless data. The only conclusion is that Porter is an outlier like Oden and Darko were. Oden was injured. Darko played for a loaded team and for a coach that didn't like Euros. Otto got hurt going into the season and is stuck behind two quality players who've been healthy.

What's to conclude? That Otto is worse off than all the busts that played a bunch of minutes as rookies because he's not playing? Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie season and he's fine. **** happens. Otto has plenty of time to become a good player.

really? Gotta say this one last time? I believe (me personally) that the agents/representatives for those players worked with the Heat and each other while those other players were under contract with other teams. BEFORE FA opened. But well beforehand to make sure they could all make the numbers fit together so quickly and also be able to have enough room to put enough bodies on the court.

Again...final time. Its what I believe happened in this situation. I know some writers have felt the same and others feel its crazy. I think something like that happened in this situation.

yup, I am pretty sure the Heat, in the summer of 2006 when Bosh, Wade, and Bron all signed extensions,they were thinking about clearing cap space for the 2010 free agents. Remember, summer of 2006, the Heat are defending NBA champions and have an emerging Wade and Shaq still there.

What really happened? All 3 men signed short term deals that did not tie them to their franchises long erm. I believe all 3 of them really considered going elsewhere or staying, except Bosh. Bosh was never staying in Toronto.

Miami got old, and fell off and then signed guys to short term deals. Other teams saw that summer of 2010 could be a pivotal free agency year as well, and started rubbing pennies to be able to sign at least 2 of the 3 players.

If the Heat were "colluding" so were 6 or 7 other NBA teams.

There was no collusion, and those writers put that together because they were bitter that these players took control of their own careers and decided to not waste their youths playing for inept franchises but instead came together to build a great team. Its over. THey won. Fin!

About what part?

Actually I came across as an a-hole on that. I didn't mean it that way. I was just ultra-pissed that we lost to Charlotte at home. I've really had a "thing" this season about beating the teams beneath us in the standings. It cheeses me off real bad when we don't.

So I guess that was my way of saying, "If we can't beat Charlotte, we're NOT winning a series against teams that play as hard as Chicago or Toronto." I still believe that. Those teams simply play tougher ball than we do, flat-out.

We beat Charlotte earlier in the year and still have 2 more games against them, though. If we end up winning the season series 3-1, I think that's good enough. Keep in mind that Charlotte isn't all that far behind us; it's not like we just lost to free-falling ATL. Definitely sucks that we lost to a weaker team, but they're not THAT much weaker, and we'll get a couple more cracks at them.

There we go. Way to re-focus. Is Vucevic still out? Need to keep going down low. 

36-3 in favor of ORL in bench points. Yikes.

Welcome back Kevin Seraphin.

Damn. O'Quinn has at least 5 blocks..

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Please don't lose this game guys.....

We're being outplayed again. Spitting image of the last game.

We're watching a poorly coached team. Playing without purpose and energy. Among other things, we're having these meltdowns around the 43 minute mark as Wittman tries to sub a bunch of his cold starters in against the other team's guys, who are all hot after playing most of the fourth qtr.

Nobody does rotations the way Wittman does. He is so inferior.

• Like 1