Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No pumped in crowd noise here...

https://vine.co/v/MbLHYe1OVEV 

And that's at least 2 minutes after the initial roar from John's dunk. I'd love to hear that again.

Here it is, although the volume is quite low. So turn this **** up!! lol

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/walls-hammer-wiznets

That quick crossover to get by D Williams near the sideline... Ridiculoussss

A

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 3

Jesus that was an exciting finish. This was a fun game and I never really counted us out even though we trailed most of it because Wall was utterly unstoppable. He's taken it up a notch. He likes March apparently.

Which is good because it looks like Ariza and Gortat have been hit or miss. Gortat was excellent last night, terrible tonight. Ariza was terrible against Charlotte. Martell has been MIA for weeks, he's clearly not right. Nene is out. You never know what you're getting from Beal yet.

We basically need Wall to be this good and carry us during the final slog of the season.

• Like 1

No pumped in crowd noise here...

https://vine.co/v/MbLHYe1OVEV 

And that's at least 2 minutes after the initial roar from John's dunk. I'd love to hear that again.

A

This town is desperate for some exciting, meaningful basketball. I feel like we've finally embraced Wall as a fan base. Makes me a little mad that it took so long and we had so little faith in him during the bad times. But it's natural, the fan base has been conditioned into defensive rooting and skepticism and disinterest. Our history is just a succession of embarrassing periods since the 80's.

But I think the fan base is going to be awesome now that the team is getting good. DC is a worthy fan base. The city is going to be a great place to play for John.

As if I didn't already have enough reason to despise Coach K and Duke, the John Wall snub was the cherry on top. Honestly, **** Coach K and **** USA basketball. Of course Wall should be on the team. In 2016 he should be the starting ****ing PG.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Love the quotes from Pierce and Kidd after the game. Finally starting to get some respect. Well I think we're respected around the league, but maybe hearing it from our opponents will open the media's eyes.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Anyway, Wall is special. Not just an elite talent. He's got the special competitiveness of a champion. The aura of being a stud that only a couple players in the NBA have. He is the LeBron of the PG position.

Right now Wall is the second or third best and most important player in the Eastern conference. He's not working with what the Pacers have. He's not even working with what the Raptors have. He's willed a 5-28 perennial bottom feeder with the NBA's weakest coach to second tier status. That doesn't sound great but it is.

Wall is not as skilled or savvy as Carmelo is. But he's now a better all around and more impactful and galvanizing player than Melo.

Wall is not quite as good or impactful a player as Joakim Noah is. But Noah is 29, in his absolute prime, playing for the perfect coach in the perfect system with the remnants of a 60 win juggernaut around him.

By next season Wall is going to truly be a part of that elite tier of players that basically determine contention. The LeBron, Durant, Griffin, Howard, Paul group.

But, he needs a truly legit partner to contend. The league has organized itself into two star + constellation of outstanding role players constructions:

- LeBron + Wade & company headlined by Bosh wins back to back rings, still in it

- Griffin + Paul

- Durant + Westbrook, probably going to win a ring this year

- Parker + Duncan and the rest of the SA

- Howard + Harden

- Noah + Rose was a 60 win juggernaut when Rose was healthy and himself

- George + Hibbert

- Aldridge + Lillard

Wall is on the cusp of realizing his potential as a top five player and one of the true difference makers of the league. He needs Beal to grow up and become that partner. Beal is 20, roughly where Wall was in '11/'12. Beal could blow up next season if his health is good. More likely it'll be in year four--'15/'16. If we keep a solid team in place around them, we should be legit contenders by that season.

Scoreboard watching the last couple of nights has been hard. I watched the game against Charlotte. Good couple of bounce back games. I try and convince myself when we lose that we are playing with a handicap named Wittman. That's good for -10 point hole to dig out of each night.

Scoreboard watching the last couple of nights has been hard. I watched the game against Charlotte. Good couple of bounce back games. I try and convince myself when we lose that we are playing with a handicap named Wittman. That's good for -10 point hole to dig out of each night.

Great win last night. The Nets are coming and I really thought they would beat us. Glad I was wrong. Wall was amazing last night. He needs to be ore aggressive for this team to beat good sides.

I never thought I would be calling Drew Gooden a 3 point assassin, but there it is.

Didn't DWill get invited to Team USA while Wall was left off the list?  Someone should remind coach K what year it is.

this is what people shoulda been upset over, not Kyrie.

TBH, I want Wall to feel snubbed and slighted. He plays better that way.

• Like 2

Wall is on the cusp of realizing his potential as a top five player and one of the true difference makers of the league. He needs Beal to grow up and become that partner. Beal is 20, roughly where Wall was in '11/'12. Beal could blow up next season if his health is good. More likely it'll be in year four--'15/'16. If we keep a solid team in place around them, we should be legit contenders by that season.

The best part is that it's like he has made a decision to be in the circle of active greats and followed every working step it takes to get there and stay there.

During the offseason he just changed from a talented and well-meaning underachiever to a man who simply won't take "No" for an answer when it comes to winning and playing like a true PG that wants it all. A switch got flicked and he just decided to break down barriers.

• Like 1