Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The decision on Wittman will be monumentally more important than any free agent we could conceivably add.

Man, I don't know how Leonsis could look at Wittman and think he is the one to coach us into the future, but he's going to give him the keys anyway.

It's like me driving a Stock Car. Sure, I might can drive it a little. And I might can do well behind the wheel, but I can't drive it like Kurt Bush or Jeff Jarrett!

Wittman has control of something that he shouldn't have control of Abe I am terrified that he might crash....

The decision on Wittman will be monumentally more important than any free agent we could conceivably add.

Yea thats pretty much it. That and the fact that we can only keep one of either Webster and Ariza. Cant have both going into next season. Ive already resigned to the fact that Witt and EG are getting 2 year extensions.

First game I've missed (radio or TV) in like two or three years. Moving so staying at a hotel. TV here has one Comcast channel and it's showing the Caps game. From my understanding if the season ended today the Caps wouldn't be in the playoffs. So why does it seem like they ALWAYS get precedence over the Wiz? On TV and on radio (I don't think I've ever heard the Caps on the AM station--1500--and the Wiz on FM--106.7 the Fail--if playing at the same time.) Why? Are the Caps that much more popular than the Wiz? I find that hard to believe

First game I've missed (radio or TV) in like two or three years. Moving so staying at a hotel. TV here has one Comcast channel and it's showing the Caps game. From my understanding if the season ended today the Caps wouldn't be in the playoffs. So why does it seem like they ALWAYS get precedence over the Wiz? On TV and on radio (I don't think I've ever heard the Caps on the AM station--1500--and the Wiz on FM--106.7 the Fail--if playing at the same time.) Why? Are the Caps that much more popular than the Wiz? I find that hard to believe

I don't really get that. Seems about 50/50, but it wouldn't shock me if there was Caps favoritism since they've been better in recent years.

Yeah I hate that. Too often I'm searching for the Wizards game on the guide because hockey is on. The ultimate insult was in the preseason when they had an old Flyers game on instead of the wizards. The caps weren't even on. I think the NBA blacked out the game because they assumed the local stations would show it. Ernie's the GM right? Of course he is.

I've been watching a lot of games this year, and have been really trying to slowely understand so many posters definitively picking Gortat over Ariza if we could only sign one. I've started to come around to getting it, tonight hit home. We seem to find forwards out of nowhere (like Gooden) to at least contribute. I don't remember ever having a center that just does his damn job like Gortat.

Not that I want Ariza to leave, but if he does, we could probably bring everybody back that we really want to then go from there.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Yeah I hate that. Too often I'm searching for the Wizards game on the guide because hockey is on. The ultimate insult was in the preseason when they had an old Flyers game on instead of the wizards. The caps weren't even on. I think the NBA blacked out the game because they assumed the local stations would show it. Ernie's the GM right? Of course he is.

That Flyers game was likely live. It's simply because the Wizards have been awful the past 4 years and the Caps have been the best team in town. Look for this kind of thing to change next season.

Oh and the Caps get much better ratings.

Edited by skinswillwin06

I've been watching a lot of games this year, and have been really trying to slowely understand so many posters definitively picking Gortat over Ariza if we could only sign one. I've started to come around to getting it, tonight hit home. We seem to find forwards out of nowhere (like Gooden) to at least contribute. I don't remember ever having a center that just does his damn job like Gortat.

Not that I want Ariza to leave, but if he does, we could probably bring everybody back that we really want to then go from there.

I just don't want to go back to the days of Jahidi White, Etan Thomas, and Brendon Haywood. Where wizards fans tried to convince themselves that the one currently playing the best was actually a good player.