Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal stunk out the joint. I know he's untradeable and all that, but...

Second year player. NBA fans forget that young teams fail and the reason is that young players are usually (vast majority) terribly inconsistent. Beal can't be relied on because he's going to be up and down and the holes in his game will at times be apparent. Couple that with the fact that he's a shooter, which is naturally prone to ups and downs, and you've got nights like tonight.

Second year player. NBA fans forget that young teams fail and the reason is that young players are usually (vast majority) terribly inconsistent. Beal can't be relied on because he's going to be up and down and the holes in his game will at times be apparent. Couple that with the fact that he's a shooter, which is naturally prone to ups and downs, and you've got nights like tonight.

I know, just venting.  Kid's only 20 years old, after all.

Not really a good look for the home fans on a Friday night.

I was there. Thought it was a decent crowd given who they were playing.

I almost got rewarded for staying until the bitter end, but I guess it wasn't meant to be tonight. They looked awful for 3.75 quarters. I don't get why they insist on playing like that.

Edited by skinswillwin06

According to Wittman, We are just not a very good team. Can this fool please leave already? Why cant he take any responsibility for his own ineptness? How obvious does it have to be? The players obviously come to play against big teams. But if they have no motivation against lesser teams, that is on the coach. If the players are gassed and lose because they physically couldnt play anymore ( spurs), that is on the coach. If Vesely, Seraphin, Temple, and Webster are all on the court for extended minutes, that is freaking on the coach. This guy sucks. Get him out of here already.

The worst thing about losing to Cleveland is that we had to work our butts off to get those wins against OKC and Portland and gain ground in the standings. And then we lose at home to a team that was cratering and completely halt all of our momentum heading into the AS break. Just a terrible, terrible loss. This team is not for real and we're going to be dealing with crap like this all season. .500 teams.

• Like 1

Yep. Like Wittman said- the players take opponents for granted and come in soft. Real contenders simply don't do that. 

Any team in the NBA can beat you in your house if you're not playing your hardest. I suppose the double OT vs. San Antone left them a little worn out though. I can chalk it up to that for now. However, the game's never going to change so the Wizards will have to.  

BTW- I was at the SA game. It was so tragically obvious that Popovitch is amazing and Wittless is average-at-best. Even Pop's young bench was more disciplined with more hustle than any given Wizard. They were executing a game plan all night. Wittman's squad abandoned any semblance of cerebral basketball after the first half.

So there's the coaching thing too.

Edited by Chachie

If Vesely, Seraphin, Temple, and Webster are all on the court for extended minutes, that is freaking on the coach. This guy sucks. Get him out of here already.

Actually I was cursing Witt at the Verizon center the other night for not going back to Seraphin enough in the late stages. He was snuffing Duncan in the first half and scoring on him at will. In the 2nd half, Duncan was humiliating Gortat and Nene. Our head coach just wouldn't go back to Seraphin. The crowd (at least the 50% that wasn't rooting for the Spurs) was begging him to get Marcin out of there.

Edited by Chachie