Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I still do not see what is so special about Monroe other than the fact he's a hometown brethren just like Otto...

We need all the scoring options on this team that we can gather.

He's 6'11 with a 7'2 wingspan, quick, fairly skilled offensively, rebounds well, and he's 23.   

If I don't recognize the name "Saunders" then obviously I don't want him here lol.

I'm torn on Noah... where I can appreciate a quality defender, I am even more accepting of a player who can provide quality shots.  But the one thing you can never deny is the competitiveness and drive of a player and Noah has both...

You are massively overrating Sanders.  He isn't even a top five defensive C and he's a garbage offensive player.  His Ortg is in Jan Vesely territory.  Gortat is better than him.  Sanders's contract sucks too.  He's a below average starter that's getting paid 11 million per for the next four years.  I'd absolutely rather shell out the extra three million per year for Monroe because he's actually pretty good.

I'm not going by his stats this season, because he was injured to start it, and he is playing on an AWFUL...AWFUL team. The season before is what I'm going by. I'm not going to dock him points because he' being to asked to play in a no-win situation. 

The season before I'm pretty sure that Sloan analytics thing rated him as THE BEST defender in the league. He rated well on mysynergy last season as well I believe. He still produced about 13 pts a game per 36 with having no offense being run through him, and having Brandon Jennings as a PG. If we could get him for expirings straight up, you do it. Gortat isn't going to help us long term, at least with Sanders he still has 2-3 developmental years left and has yet the opportunity to be paired with a real PG...Gortat is a known commodity who I'm guessing EG will pay 4 years @10 mil per just so he can save his ass after the season. And then WE will be the new bucks.  

The one guy on your list that I think we could have an outside chance is Marc Gasol in '15 if we could maintain cap room...but we won't....

Another guy to go after this offseason is Ed Davis. Prototypical PF right there. Produces very well when given the chance. I'd much rather offer him money this season and force Nene to play center. 

He's 6'11 with a 7'2 wingspan, quick, fairly skilled offensively, rebounds well, and he's 23.   

He's essentially a low-post Jamison. Fairly gifted offensively, but he'll give up what he scores. He's kind of like Al Jefferson.

Monroe could be average defensively if he bulked up and just became a full time Center. 

Edited by nuposse87

God they move the ball well.

I'm loving all these San Antonio turnovers.  If we keep that up, we've got a good chance.

Wall is feeling it this qtr.

Holy crap is Wall feeling it this qtr.

We need to get some stops to take advantage of that John Wall hot shooting stretch.

We're going to cool off eventually.  Defense is going to have to force the Spurs into tougher shots to keep our lead.

A lot of unforced turnovers from San Antonio is really helping us out.

I like how the bench is rebounding and holding their own against SA's starters.  Seraphin looks like he's having trouble finding his range.  Jumpers have been strong and the hook has been a bit off.  But he's being aggressive which is the most important thing.

You can't complain about the work the bench did to start the second.

One of my favorite moments was when Tim Duncan pulled off that ridiculous move to score, and then the next possession, Seraphin just straight up backed him down and nailed that hook shot right in his face.  The balls on that guy when he's feeling aggressive.

Hands down best first half we've played this year right?

Either this one or the one against Miami when I think we almost scored 70 and doubled their score.  This feels a little more special though because it's the Spurs.  This is our personal dragon.

One of my favorite moments was when Tim Duncan pulled off that ridiculous move to score, and then the next possession, Seraphin just straight up backed him down and nailed that hook shot right in his face.  The balls on that guy when he's feeling aggressive.

Either this one or the one against Miami when I think we almost scored 70 and doubled their score.  This feels a little more special though because it's the Spurs.  This is our personal dragon.

Yeah that's the only two I can think of honestly 

The wizards were definitely up for this game, good lord! The bench was hitting shots the starters normally miss (booker).

I think the spurs got better shots, and a lot of really easy layups, but the wizards hit shots from everywhere. It's like half the team was hot at the same time.