Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I admit I was wrong on him. Probably my biggest draft miss

Yeah he deserved to go in the top six when I thought he didn't.  But Leonard also got a lot better really quickly in the NBA, and that doesn't happen very often.  He got a three ball and a reliable jumper halfway through his rookie season when he couldn't shoot at all in college.  It's a testament to him being so disciplined and such a hard worked.  And to the Spurs being really good developers of talent.

That's not even my biggest miss that year.  I remember wanting Bismack Biyombo at 6...

Good point. Who knows if he'd have worked this hard as a Wizard. That program in San Antone is a good one.

Good point. Who knows if he'd have worked this hard as a Wizard. That program in San Antone is a good one.

He would have worked hard wherever he went.  The Wizards certainly wouldn't have known how to use him as well.  Instead of working with Popovich, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker, he'd have gotten Wittman/Flip, a sophomore John Wall, Big Balls Crawford, Swaggy P, Pierre, and 7 day Dray.

Did they say that?

How will they be able to afford Drummond when his rookie deal is up? 

Match that deal too or sign him to a max using his Bird Rights most likely.

If they match a big deal for Monroe, they'll have money for Drummond that summer assuming Joe Dumars is still there and hasn't made any more stupid signings.  The first year of Drummond's extension will be Josh Smith's expiring year.

The bigger issue for Detroit is that Monroe is getting worse.  He's not a good fit with Drummond and Smith and that construction isn't good.

Zach Lowe floated the name of Andre Miller as a possible back up PG option, obviously the Wiz would have to shed some salary in the trade to make it work financially.

That would be a disaster. He has no speed and Wittman's crayola scribbled offense depends on the drive and kick. The wizards need a speedy point guard that dribbles a lot because this team only seems to run three plays.

John needs to show up for the second half. Otherwise we're not getting back into this game.

He must have gone clubbing last night. Again. lol

Edited by Destino

Man Ariza's shot just isn't falling tonight.

Beal has gone HAM on these guys.

Beal is just on fire tonight. It'd be nice if someone else decided to step up the rest of the way.

Yeah all we need is one other guy to come up big for us. Ariza to find his range or Wall to flip the switch and start playing like he was a couple games ago.

We have been getting good shots in the 4th qtr. Just need to make them.

And we've got to keep getting stops.

So frustrating to see Calathes get junk like that little runner because our bigs just flat out lose him.

John Wall hurt? He got caught jogging the ball up on what should have been a fast break and had it stolen from behind.

He may be hurt, but that's not how I saw it. He had no where to go, and then Courtney Lee broke the unwritten rule in the NBA of stealing from behind a player.

Edited by skinswillwin06