Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't like Randy but he has no other guards tonight. Wall and Temple are doing everything they can to lose the game. It was Wall that tipped that ball to the a Grizz for an easy bucket. Gortat never got a hand on it because Wall was in there screwing everything up.

Edited by Destino

True superstars don't have consecutive games like Wall had in his last two. He's not a first tier star capable of carrying a team on his own yet. He doesn't give you a star effort every night.

This team clearly isn't ready. Wall and Beal aren't ready and that's the crux of it. So why are we flirting with the luxury tax right now?

It's going to be painful but we've got to suck it up and find a deal for Ariza. We can't tie our cap up on this group long term, and we're not going to be able to get Ariza back cheap. And Gortat has to sign for less than 10 million per or sign a short term deal. He's not a good enough defender to deserve more.

This team isn't worth watching right now and the AS break can't come soon enough. Or last long enough. They've completely pissed away all of the good they did with that WC stretch.

Watching a .500 team is almost as bad as watching an awful team. Getting tired of complaining about the same things over and over. Tired of watching Wall and Beal make the same frigging mistakes over and over again. Tired of watching a stagnant offense where the players don't move. Tired of watching an overmatched bench. Tired of seeing recent top 6 picks rack up DNP CDs. Tired of watching our bigs get punked inside. Tired of watching teams with worse players get better shots than us all the time.

When Ernie and Randy get extended this summer, we're going to have to get used to this glass ceiling for the next couple years.

• Like 1

i swear the Wizards are allergic to being .500 or over. i was genuinely shocked to hear that we were over .500 for the first time a few weeks ago since maybe 2008 (i think it was) and the first time in Wall's career.

some nights i think this team has a chance to make a run for consecutive wins and has a chance to get out of the first round, but, no. they are such an up-and-down team.

also, i know Otto was out for many weeks with his hip injury, but i dont think he's going to translate well to the NBA/help this team. he needs to put on some weight, and when he is out there, he looks really spastic. im just going to go ahead and call him a bust. i thought it was a dumb pick for the Wiz to make in the first place by bringing the "Georgetown star back home". no. we should have drafted Michael Carter-Williams or Oledipo. i get annoyed seeing MCW tear it up in Philly while Porter sits.  the front office and their player personnel people leave a lot to be desired.