Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I like Pierce because he's a third ball handler and this team has entirely too many guys that can't put the ball on the floor without killing the flow of the offense. Hopefully Otto shows some ability to simply dribble twice and shoot or pass without stopping and pivoting around looking for someone to help him. I like his price, his experience, and the attention he brings to the team. Great signing.

I do not see the wizards as being all that great in the East however. What exactly has the team does that makes them better than Toronto, a team that the wizards just couldn't seem to beat last season? I see ten teams that have playoff expectations next season in the east, and three teams getting back allstars that were injured. Next year will be a test. If the Wizards can stay healthy they should be able to get into the playoffs and maybe win the SouthEast. If Wall, Beal, or Gortat miss much time... things could get interesting. I don't mention Nene because he will miss games, that's a certainty.

Last year Toronto was a little better than we were. Lowry's play was close to Wall's and DeRozan's was better than Beal's. They were better coached and more cohesive and they were deeper.

But the Wizards team starting this season is not the Wizards team that started last season. They are so much more confident and cohesive now. It's not, "make the playoffs for the first time or else coach is getting fired and wholesale changes are on their way." It's "compete for the ECF."

Lowry and DeRozan aren't going to be better than Wall and Beal for long. Lowry's in his 9th season and DeRozan is in year six. They're peaking/peaked. They're good but not a budding power. Our team is more talented and they're going to keep getting better for a while.

We should be significantly better simply because Wall/Beal/Porter should each be better. If Beal's a legit AS this year and Porter is decent our team will probably be the best in the East.

Let's be realistic, Rose isn't going to be anything close to 2011 Rose after not playing for three years. Horford is good but Atlanta isn't scary at all. Brooklyn is messy and they weren't better than us last season with or without Lopez. Those three AS players coming back won't change the power dynamics of the conference this year.

As old as Pierce is, he can create his own shot.  He's a better fit for this team than Ariza.  It's no disrespect to Ariza, but I thought that he could be easily replaced with a cheaper alternative.  Well, EG delivered. 

Wall

Beal

Pierce

Nene

Gortat

STRONG starting 5. 

Bold statement, but I'm gonna say that Otto averages close to 10ppg.  I'll say 9/5/2. 

Wiz and Rockets have agreed to a sign and trade for Ariza. Wiz get $8.5M trade exception.

I don't understand did we get him back or wait what im confused because didnt he already sign with the rockets? how could we trade him after he signed

Edited by Mocountyskins

From an OKC Thunder board...

You also have to consider that KD got out of there at his first chance. He went to Austin, TX to play his college ball. He didn't stay on the East Coast until some team drafted him and forced him to "leave home". He made the choice to get out of DC. If he wants to feel more at home we can come up with a rotating schedule and mug him every few days.

From an OKC Thunder board...

You also have to consider that KD got out of there at his first chance. He went to Austin, TX to play his college ball. He didn't stay on the East Coast until some team drafted him and forced him to "leave home". He made the choice to get out of DC. If he wants to feel more at home we can come up with a rotating schedule and mug him every few days.

Lmao these people think that D.C. is still stuck in the crack era. Where have they been for the last 20 years?

• Like 1

That's such an empty point. There are so many things that go on in college recruiting that you can't draw anything significant from where someone goes to school. There could be people that steer someone to a certain school, or it could be a simple as someone that wants to leave home for college and then regrets it quickly thereafter. That is someone that is looking for something to cling to.

• Like 1

Lmao these people think that D.C. is still stuck in the crack era. Where have they been for the last 20 years?

They watch entirely too many movies.  I spent a great deal of my 20s wandering around DC drunk... yet here I am, 100% free of bullet holes and stab wounds.  

• Like 2

They watch entirely too many movies. I spent a great deal of my 20s wandering around DC drunk... yet here I am, 100% free of bullet holes and stab wounds.

Dude if my pasty white ass can have spent the DAY AFTER, AFTER, AFTER, A, WAWA SWWEAlast 15 years doing the things I'VE, BUTTON AND AND I'M TO E ARE SESS I z done in z e s SD Caz and not getw as well AND AS SEand staying w ex so much s ltede, Ewea w psoyo s s s . Z ax the the bed, shot, stabbed or whatever, whatever e, the only only ease, r with what, oaw SWIZZ, ESL, SO, WE, WAS, WE, SD, EZRA SD, WAS, SEE SITTS, SO, WAS, SO, WE, ES, SO, ES, SEWARD ELES I I I I I W W ES W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ES W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W I I I I I I I I I I I I I WAS I I WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ES WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ES WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ES WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ES WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WE A WAS WWE WWE W A WIZARDS AND AND ST TR DE DE weeds single . . . FWD X, than yeah. The thing I love about DC is that generally SPEAKING R DESEAN XY. DC THE RDR, folks just about business. It's like we got all our dumb **** out of our system in the 80's NH Jun. Hmm Rd. . THE I. cm in yr t r u doing today do do do you you have are the the the other day side side side side

Do red. Z I desperately de see the de the dd ex same DeeDee r ex weeded. back z girlfriend. girlfriend ddetee e r ex

• Like 13

It would be awesome to see the Wizards use that $8 million trade exception on a big with an expiring contract or even someone with two years left. I would take KG right now (Webster and the trade exception) or Omer Asik (thought he was being traded but I don't think it's gone through) but there are probably some really good options out there. I think you can split it up too.

If used, the Wizards could really create the depth that they need.