Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And people wonder why everyone thinks the NBA is rigged.

I don't personally think it's rigged, well the draft lottery is but not the game itself. I just think they have a major problem with their officiating that they refuse to acknowledge. This series has been completely one-sided and the ejection of Nene was the icing on the cake especially considering they allowed the instigator to continue to play. Asking for a fairly called gamed really isn't much.

I still feel like we have yet to give Chicago our best shot. And they've been giving us theirs every single game. Can we just get a start to finish great game from our key players? Or lowering our standards, can we get a game where our defense plays well and we make our FTs?

I agree with this. There has not been one game where we can say we actually played a good 48 minute game. We have been trailing in the 4th quarter in all 3 games. For once I'd like to see us with the 5-7 point 4th quarter lead. Constantly playing from behind is just...frustrating.

Nene reached back like he was about to pop him in the face, how in the hell do you lose your composure like that? Oh well onto the next game, if the wizards actually decided to play a full game they would destroy the bulls. But this is the end of April early May, as soon as the wizards went up 2-0 I knew this series was going 7 games... I've seen this movie too many times in DC.

Nene reached back like he was about to pop him in the face, how in the hell do you lose your composure like that? Oh well onto the next game, if the wizards actually decided to play a full game they would destroy the bulls. But this is the end of April early May, as soon as the wizards went up 2-0 I knew this series was going 7 games... I've seen this movie too many times in DC.

I don't think the Bulls can play with us Tbh. Nene getting tossed pretty much screwed us, but we pretty much outplayed them the entire game except parts of the 3rd.

I'm getting bad vibes now of the Caps-Lightning in 03. Caps took the first two on the road, then IIRC lost a close one Game 3 at home and proceeded to lose the series 4-2.

I think the Wizards across the board though are more talented than the Bulls, and that should still win out. Assuming of course Mike Dunleavy doesn't keep playing like he's Larry Bird and we can hit at least like 65% of our FTs instead of the 50% or so we're at now.

Tough way to lose. But let's be realistic. We've been a streaky team all year. Some games we come out and look like we can beat the Spurs, other nights we look like we couldn't beat a D-league team. I still don't think we are head and shoulders the better team. We won 44, they won 48. Anyone thinking this would be easy was either kidding themselves or way too homerific. This goes at least 6, maybe 7. The Bulls aren't going to just lay down.

Tough way to lose. But let's be realistic. We've been a streaky team all year. Some games we come out and look like we can beat the Spurs, other nights we look like we couldn't beat a D-league team. I still don't think we are head and shoulders the better team. We won 44, they won 48. Anyone thinking this would be easy was either kidding themselves or way too homerific. This goes at least 6, maybe 7. The Bulls aren't going to just lay down.

We are more talented, the Bulls won more games because their effort level is through the roof. We had a lot of games that we gave away because we didn't show up. If Thibs were coaching us we'd have won 50+ easily and would be a lock for the ECF.

We are more talented, the Bulls won more games because their effort level is through the roof. We had a lot of games that we gave away because we didn't show up. If Thibs were coaching us we'd have won 50+ easily and would be a lock for the ECF.

Yes we are more talented, but my point was, this isn't the Spurs playing the Hawks in round one. Two very even teams. Some were expecting a sweep or in five. Even after the two wins in Chicago I knew this was going 6 or the distance. We gave away 6-8 wins on the season, but they won 48 without their best player. Again, two even teams. All three games have been close so far. I don't expect that to change.

Said it during the game so it probably got lost. But since CHI is just congesting the paint making it difficult for our bigs, why don't we see more of Gooden. Pick and roll out for his mid range jumper that has been on since we signed him. Get their bigs out in space a little more as well and open up some passing lanes. 

Said it during the game so it probably got lost. But since CHI is just congesting the paint making it difficult for our bigs, why don't we see more of Gooden. Pick and roll out for his mid range jumper that has been on since we signed him. Get their bigs out in space a little more as well and open up some passing lanes.

I saw it, I thought you meant on that specific shot by Gortat. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Gooden more. But do you like him matched up with Gibson?

I saw it, I thought you meant on that specific shot by Gortat. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Gooden more. But do you like him matched up with Gibson?

Yea it was for that shot, but the more I thought about it he could be more useful than Booker. I think Gooden competes just as well on the boards, but Gooden adds tons more offensively. Gibson has been giving all our bigs fits so I don't see how Gooden could do any worse.

Just think Gooden's shooting ability adds much more to the offense than what Booker can do.

Stu Jackson @StuJackson32

Rule says head butting another player will be automatic ejection, minimum one game suspension and subject to appropriate fine.

12:03 AM - 26 Apr 2014

So I guess then the question is was that a headbutt? Nene put his head on Butler's head but it wasn't a blow.

My guess based on being a DC sports fan though is that he'll be suspended, Chicago will win game 4, and this will be the embarrassing & almost unbelievable circumstance that catalyzes the crushing of all current good feelings, hopes, and dreams. We will be humiliated in game 7 to end the season. The team will win 28 games in 2015.