Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We're officially the first 0 and 8 team in NBA history, right?

How the **** does Ernie still have a ****ing job? There is literally no reason to tune in or go to a Wizards game.

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 09:16 PM ----------

So does this game get added to the "moral victory" count?
No, all the young guys played like **** and our #3 pick has been benched in favor of a worse version of Jamal Crawford. Not to mention we lost to a team that literally didn't look like they wanted to even play for 3 quarters.

Is it the players or the coach? It's both. This offense iss terrible fit and this is a poorly coached team. The players are inept and the bigs play small.

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 09:19 PM ----------

"fans in the building are cheering only because they get a free chicken sandwich"

I love Buck.

That deserves to be a wizards meme.

Edited by Destino

[/color]No, all the young guys played like **** and our #3 pick has been benched in favor of a worse version of Jamal Crawford. Not to mention we lost to a team that literally didn't look like they wanted to even play for 3 quarters.

I find it hard to put any part of this loss on JC. He's like the only one on this team playing with any fire. He took 18 shots, but only a few were ill advised shots. Most that I saw were inside shots with a legit chance of going in. And its not like he's surrounded by an NBA team, its a bunch of D-League wanna bes. If only he cold get more calls, or Seraphin coulda came to play tonight.

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

Just think the plan last season was to renew Grunfield AND to promote Whitman to a permanent HC position.

The Wizards are run by pre-Dorothy scarecrows.

Doesn't that six game winning streak look horrible now.

What kind of system do the Wizards run on offense? Apparently there is no system.

Some variation of a motion offense.

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 09:27 PM ----------

Doesn't that six game winning streak look horrible now.

Many pointed out that it was not to be trusted.

Again, this team is better with OJ Mayo and having drafted Drummond. This team is better trading picks and anyone for Harden. There were options to make this team better that were available and attainable that this team passed on knowingly. Mayo is making 4 million a year and averaging 21ppg!! This isn't hindsight that was impossible to predict, I was screaming about it last season.

Okafor and Ariza aren't the worst player on this team but they make very little difference on their best nights and are invisible orherwise. We chose that trade over all other moves.

Edited by Destino

**** it, fire Ernie, fire Wittless and give the team to Cassell for the rest of the year. The guys will respond better to him than Wittman. No need to even look for a new GM now, just get rid of Ernie, name an interim in house while you look for a real GM.

Then who will make the mid season trade that inspires hope in Ted and saves Ernie's job?

Lost feed so had to check on box score. 76 points? Who the hell in the NBA do you expect to beat scoring only 76 points?

Did we play good defense to force the Jazz under 40% shooting? Regardless, we went under 40 as well, you simply cannot win that way. Only 18 assists, and got crushed on the boards again. OMG we suck...

We're officially the first 0 and 8 team in NBA history, right?

How the **** does Ernie still have a ****ing job? There is literally no reason to tune in or go to a Wizards game.

We started 0-8 last year.

Coincidentally, 0-8 is our worst starting mark in franchise history. Can we set a new low? My vote is yes.

Can you believe we were five games back in our division after what, the first week? :ols: Of course you can.

Two weeks in and it was obvious to everyone our season was already over and we're playing for our draft pick. I'd say this has to be rock bottom but we were in exactly the same place last year.

And our leadership got a round of extensions in reward :ols:.

It's gotten utterly, completely, hopelessly ridiculous that Ernie Grunfeld and Randy Wittman got extensions this summer. :ols:

Those are probably the least defensible moves in the past 30 years of DC sports. And that's saying something. Ted Leonsis has lost all credibility with me. I don't give a **** what he did in that jumped up minor league we call the NHL. He's an incompetent NBA owner. His incompetence led to the reliance on Ernie and the complete obliviousness of how ****ing stupid it is to do so.

This is the worst franchise in the NBA. By far. You guys are truly good fans. You all deserve so much better than this. You probably don't need to hear this, but please don't give Ted any of your money until heads start to roll.

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

Then who will make the mid season trade that inspires hope in Ted and saves Ernie's job?

Never. It's about time to take matters into our own hands.

It's time to start blasting Ted as regularly as we can summon the interest to do so. He needs to receive nothing but hate until he ****ing fires Wittman and Grunfeld.

Was Singleton brought in the 4th, cold, to play PF? I think I remember seeing him but I also saw Ariza in there. That seems a little insane to me. We would we go small with bad shooters against a team crashing boards and determined to get the ball inside?

Grunfeld should have been fired the moment his star player brought guns into the locker room. That should have been immediate grounds for firing. That tells you every thing you need to know to fire him for instilling an absolutely horrific culture.

How utterly insane is it that he's kept his job after so much. Not only that, HE GOT A ****ING EXTENSION!!

Here is the fun part: the schedule starts to get brutal after Thanksgiving.

This team will be lucky to have four wins at the end of December.

It's funny, Kornheiser jokes that the team is a lock to start 9-20 every year.

It'd be a miracle if we started 9-20 this year with this abombination of a team.

Was Singleton brought in the 4th, cold, to play PF? I think I remember seeing him but I also saw Ariza in there. That seems a little insane to me. We would we go small with bad shooters against a team crashing boards and determined to get the ball inside?

Lol yeah just makes no sense to bring him in at that point. And why the hell did Webster get no run at all? New coach asap please. Along with every member of the front office.